Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
WB Local Network Programming Launching in Additional DMAs – Effective February 22, 2006 Effective February 22, 2006, DISH Network will launch WB programming into the markets listed below. Please note that the customers living in the Eastern and Central time zones will receive the programming from WBZL, the Miami WB. Those customers living in markets in the Mountain and Pacific time zones will receive their programming from KSWB, the San Diego WB.

WB, East, Channel 251 – Abilene, TX; Albany, GA; Amarillo, TX; Augusta, GA; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Clarksburg, WV; Columbia, MO; Columbus, MS; Duluth, MN; Erie, PA; Fargo, ND; Florence, SC; Ft. Wayne, IN; Gainesville, FL; Greenville, NC; Harlingen, TX; Johnstown, PA; Joplin, MO; La Crosse, WI; Lansing, MI; Lexington, KY; Lincoln, NE; Macon, GA; Meridian, MS; Minot, ND; Monroe, AR; Montgomery, AL; Panama City, FL; Peoria, IL; Quincy, IL; Rochester, NY; Rockford, IL; San Angelo, TX; Savannah, GA; Sherman, OK; Sioux City, IA; Terre Haute, IN; Toledo, OH; Topeka, KS; Traverse City, MI; Wausau, WI; and Wichita Falls, TX.

WB-W, West, Channel 252 – Anchorage, AK; Bakersfield, CA; Billings, MT; Boise, ID; Casper, WY; Cheyenne, WY; Chico, CA; Eugene, OR; Grand Junction, CO; Great Falls, MT; Juneau, AK; Medford, OR; Missoula, MT; Monterey, CA; and Santa Barbara, CA.

so does that mean this channel is in the local package, and that those who are paying $1.50 to receive a WB superstation, can drop it and save a $1.50 on their bill?

goaliebob99 said:
Yes scott but the WB is becoming the CW.. so maybe this is a move to get the CW on air in as many markets as possable when they flipp the switch. :)

Well, that's not completely accurate. The WB and UPN are merging to create The CW. In some markets, the local UPN affiliate will become the new CW affiliate. In other markets, the local WB affiliate will become the new CW affiliate. Some WB and some UPN affiliates will be forced to become independent. But to say "The WB is becoming The CW" is not telling the whole story.

BFG said:
so does that mean this channel is in the local package, and that those who are paying $1.50 to receive a WB superstation, can drop it and save a $1.50 on their bill?

yes. Well you probably have to pay the 5 buck downgrade fee though (knowing Dish)

Isn't it going to still be a few more months until the WB and UPN merge to form CW? So this is great to have in the mean time. I know my wife has been missing the current season of Charmed without the WB.

I'm in Columbia, MO. We get UPN over the air as 17.3 or something. So of course we don't get the EPG ("guide") to know what's on. Having the WB will be good especially if it comes with the regular locals.

Strange that they would use KSWB in San Diego as the regional WB feed. I would have thought they would use KTLA since it is already a super, and is the flagship station of the WB.

I wonder if that means that CW programming will move to KCOP, or maybe even KCAL (Viacom-owned independent).

KCOP will be part of the new Fox channel "My Network TV"

Fox Television Stations' WWOR/New York, KCOP/Los Angeles, WPWR/Chicago, KDFI/Dallas, WDCA/Washington, D.C., KTXH/Houston, WFTC/Minneapolis, KUTP/Phoenix, WRBW/ Orlando and WUTB/Baltimore will serve as anchor affiliates of My Network TV, representing 24% of the United States.

CW is going to KTLA (and WPIX & KWGN) of the Superstations
WSBK is going Indy
WWOR will be the above network (My Network TV)

I think I just answered my own question - after analog shutoff KCBS is going to take channel 9 and KCAL will be left on the UHF DTV allocation. I'll bet that they sell it soon afterward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts