Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Expands Interactive TV Offerings

With DishGAMES Customers Have Access to Over 16 Popular Video Games

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., June 9, 2006 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network™ satellite television service announced today that it will offer a new interactive application called DishGAMES as part of its “DishHOME” interactive channel 100.

“These new offerings are a great example of DISH Network’s ability to enhance DISH Network’s viewers set top boxes with the latest iTV technology,” said Scott Higgins, director of Interactive TV Programming for DISH Network. “DISH Network continues to offer the most interactive TV content over any other pay-TV provider for the enjoyment of its over 11 million interactive households.”

DishGAMES will feature 16 games from PixelPlay’s branded games including ASTEROIDS™ MEGA and CENTIPEDE™ MEGA. It will also include prizing, score submission, leader board and tournament capabilities.

To subscribe to DishGAMES customers can select an on-screen “subscribe” button using their remote control which will connect them directly to the interactive TV customer service application. Customers will be able to subscribe with their remote control, or they can call DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH.

DishGAMES is $4.99 per month or $49.99 annually. New customers will have access to all 16 games for the first five weeks, after which the games will rotate out weekly from an extensive library. All games will also be available for non-subscribers in demo mode.

For more information on DishGAMES or DISH Network customers can contact DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or their local retailer for more information on how to subscribe to DISH Network. To learn more about DISH Network’s programming offers, visit www.dishnetwork.com.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 12.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network™, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service.

He talks about VOD and Interactive TV and they launch the new Games ITV Channel. This will offer all kinds of classic games for $4.95 a month.

They report that Dish Home Channel 100 is the seond most watched channel on Dish Network (I never watch it myself dont know where they got that number)

I do not why this interactive stuff never sounds positive and it seems like every provider is trying it to push it but I never bite.

Dish Home channel 100 is the second most watched channel...??? :confused: :confused:

I'd like to see the top 10 list. Is it the most watched channel run by dish network, or the actual most watched "channel".

1) Channel 101 (Remote Tips)
2) Channel 100 (Dish Home)
3) Channel 500 (PPV info)
4) Channel 919 (Sirius info)
5) Channel 6065 (Sirius Bluegrass)
6) Channel 9900 (What's on Dish 500)
7) Channel 221 (Prevu)
8) Fox News

etc...

Excuse me, but didn't I read somewhere that the demo version of these games would be available via Dish Interactive? I just checked it out and the only games available is "Trivia" without a DishGAMES subscription. No big deal...just though I'd take a look.

Well cut it out...the fact that you even looks tells DISH that this is what we want more of. There are a million ways to play asteroids, and one of them should not be by sitting and waiting for my DVR to load dish home...

Are they going to have one game for free like they do with the current games that they have? People may bite at $1.99 to $2.99 but I do not know if as many people would bite at $4.99. If they are launching even more of this interactive stuff then what they have must really be working for them.

Purogamer said:
directv.com

Not quite. DIRECTV is launching its own interactive games channel in a few months with such intense, award-winning games as Bejeweled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)