Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Expands Local High Definition Markets

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 1, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today announced the addition of high definition (HD) locals in Norfolk -- Portsmouth -- Newport News, Va.

In January, DISH Network(r) announced plans to enhance its HD programming line-up throughout 2008. DISH Network continues its commitment to reach the year-end goal of 100 local HD markets and 100 national HD channels and now offers HD locals in 55 markets, reaching more than 64 percent of U.S. TV households.

In order to view HD programming, DISH Network customers can upgrade to a dishHD receiver like the award-winning ViP722(tm). The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms, one in HD and one in standard definition. The ViP722 can record up to 55 hours of HD and up to 350 hours of standard definition and allows customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

Qualified new DISH Network customers who sign up with a 24-month commitment will receive three months of free programming (a $120 value), a free dishDVR and free installation (a $49.99 value).

For more information about DISH Network's HD offerings or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Charlie might as well say we have 55+4 HD networks per city. Might as well say they have 220 HD locals like they lie about national channels.

Yes it is a bummer that no Buffalo HD yet... fortunately here in Lockport I get all the local HDs plus CBC ! Wish I could get the EPG for these channels without having to cough up the extra $5 !

You pulling in cbc hd? If so, what type of ota are you using?

There was a wing type antenna (not sure of the make, but on the roof my house from when the previous owners had DirecTV)... however, I had a DB4 antenna (search at Amazon for DB4 ~$50) at my old place and it worked too.. I get about 67% signal strength with this antenna, got about 75% with the DB4...

There is a DB8 which is more effective, I may think about that so I can try to pull in a few more Canadian stations... CityTV, Global, CTV and CHCH had signals I could reach at my old house...

There was a wing type antenna (not sure of the make, but on the roof my house from when the previous owners had DirecTV)... however, I had a DB4 antenna (search at Amazon for DB4 ~$50) at my old place and it worked too.. I get about 67% signal strength with this antenna, got about 75% with the DB4...

There is a DB8 which is more effective, I may think about that so I can try to pull in a few more Canadian stations... CityTV, Global, CTV and CHCH had signals I could reach at my old house...

Hmmm....makes me want to climb up on my roof and make use of that old tripod and antenna mast.:rolleyes:

Buffalo is scheduled for May 15 (as Scott reported in the podcast). Only 2 more weeks...:)

Thats great if it is really happening. I recall being told in fall of 2006, that Buffalo HD Channels would be available to us in the spring of 2007. That was from Dish home office and from Intertech their main installer in WNY.

I am on the south part of the island and turned my cm4221 away from the south buffalo stations towards cbc. I was able to get it to register with the channel scan but not really. Everytime a car drove by the signal dropped out. Part of the problem is that the antenna is on my garage and so not as high as my house. I turned it back around towards the south buffalo stations. I get fox and pbs on the backside of the antenna.

IslandGuy43,

I have a CM4228 and if I swing it around to the north I get a LOT of Canadian stations. I can't be more than a couple miles north of you if you're on the north end of GI. I don't have a rotor though, so I am locked facing south (more or less) for the GI towers and south towns towers.

I was considering adding a rotor this year, but have LOTS of other things that will be using up my money (like putting an addition on the back garage for a woodworking shop).

IslandGuy43,

I have a CM4228 and if I swing it around to the north I get a LOT of Canadian stations. I can't be more than a couple miles north of you if you're on the north end of GI. I don't have a rotor though, so I am locked facing south (more or less) for the GI towers and south towns towers.

I was considering adding a rotor this year, but have LOTS of other things that will be using up my money (like putting an addition on the back garage for a woodworking shop).

Currently, I have a radio shack indoor ant, with a builtin rotor inside it. It sorta looks like a star trek enterprise. I get all the locals (most of the time) but have yet to get any canadian. I have it in my closet on the top shelf. I get some interference at times, but most of the time it is good. The wierd thing is though; earlier this year, I was getting channel 17 at 43.1, 43.2, and 43.3. Now I get at 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3.

Had my 61.5 dish installed Monday.

Apparently the team that was supposed to be at my house between 12-5 had a problem. The girl half went into labor. Haha

So, they send another crew I guess, a crew that wanted to go home. Ha

First thing the guy said after hello, "You know we have to put another dish on your roof right? You will only be getting 4 extra channels."

They got there at friggen 6:30, I am sure they were over their day. It's cool, I understand, but I thought that was funny. He wasn't a dick or anything, just had that, "I wanna go home" look on his face.

If you can believe it, E* has announced that Hartford Ct & Portland Maine LIL will start 5-08-08. Don't know if anyone has posted this announcement elsewhere.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)