Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK EXPANDS LOCAL HIGH DEFINITION MARKETS

Englewood, Colo., Oct. 23, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today announced the addition of high definition local channels in six markets: Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; Lincoln and Hastings-Kearney, Neb.; Omaha, Neb.; Quincy-Hannibal-Keokuk, Ill.; and Waco-Temple-Bryan, Texas. DISH Network® now offers local channels in 76 markets reaching 72 percent of U.S. TV households.

Consumers can sign up for the best high definition programming and service in the industry with DISH Network’s new TurboHD programming packages, the only all-HD packages on the market, starting at $24.99 per month. TurboHD is available in three separate tiers and includes special “turbo-charged” features and benefits such as DISH Network’s award-winning and industry-leading technology, the highest quality HD available including 1080p resolution where available, and the most-watched HD channels that may be viewed on any TV – analog, digital or high definition.

Current DISH Network customers looking to add the industry’s best high definition experience can get a “turbo-charged” HD package for as little as $10 more per month.

For more information about DISH Network’s 1080p programming, new HD channels and TurboHD system and packages, visit DISH Network -- Home or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

Most of the markets to have HD local channels activated on 10/22 only got a partial update. A couple of them had only 1 channel activated. And then E* overlooked the Wichita Falls, TX / Lawton, OK market completely.

The big change yesterday was lots and lots and lots of MPEG-4 standard definition channels. Very little of new HD.

Maybe their market strategy is to go for growth markets, I know Columbia-Jeff City is a smaller area by pop, but it is the fastest growing in Missouri

E* shouldn't brag about adding the Quincy-Hannabal-Keokuk DMA (#171) when so many larger ones aren't even on the radar for addition. Plus it was a single channel. :)

Not to mention the fact that unless you count the .2 feed on their local CBS, they do NOT even have an ABC station in their DMA - & the .2 feed is NOT HD, either. :rolleyes:

what a crock E*... I got told that I would have to pay $30 for them to come out and install the dish for ONE HD channel(NBC). I think that may be the straw that broke the camels back.

Missing Locals

I manage a Dish RSP in Temple, TX. We are in the Waco DMAs, and we only received 1 local channel from it. Dish cannot give a defintive answer on when the rest of them will come up.

what a crock E*... I got told that I would have to pay $30 for them to come out and install the dish for ONE HD channel(NBC). I think that may be the straw that broke the camels back.

I got told it would cost $49 for them to come out and reaim my wing dish to the 61.5W location.

This is junk!!! I was told that in order to gte the Omaha local HDs, they were going to have to come out and install a "wing dish". Why are they advertising that it is available if most of the current subscribers cannot get it?? dish is really pissing me off lately!!

At least you can get your HD locals with a minor equipment change.

I have no problem at all with having a second "wing dish" installed on my roof top. I just wish E* would stop fiddling around and get the HD locals they've been promising for my DMA turned on already.

That's funny about you guys & the wing dish - while you guys now NEED a wing dish, D* is moving ALL our locals from our "wing dishes" & putting all of them (both SD & HD locals) on one dish. :D

I got told it would cost $49 for them to come out and reaim my wing dish to the 61.5W location.

Yeah I told them I was thinking about switching to D* and they bumped it down 20...haha.

not seeing them

Maybe their market strategy is to go for growth markets, I know Columbia-Jeff City is a smaller area by pop, but it is the fastest growing in Missouri

I have an antenna hooked up to get most of my local's in HD. But, I don't see them on DISH, do I have to take the antenna off. Or is Dish just slow at getting the locals out, to Columbia, MO?

Wow, 1 whole local channel for some of these DMAs? Congratulations Dish, way to go. Guess I see how they'll reach 100 local HD markets by years end now...

I have an antenna hooked up to get most of my local's in HD. But, I don't see them on DISH, do I have to take the antenna off. Or is Dish just slow at getting the locals out, to Columbia, MO?

To get your locals via OTA (through the antenna) you'll need to make the receiver scan and find them. That can work pretty easily. To find the Satellite Local hd's in Columbia, you're going to need a dish pointed at 61.5, which I doubt you have (I don't.. see above).

Dang...missed the cut again! I'm hoping my DMA's HD LiLs will appear before my eyes are too dim to notice the difference...!

Dang...missed the cut again! I'm hoping my DMA's HD LiLs will appear before my eyes are too dim to notice the difference...!

I dont wish for a quick resolution to my LiL HD anymore. Not doing me much good if I get 1 of the big 4, because then E* will be happy to say, seeeeee we kept you happy, we gave you FOX in HD, so no more whining from you. We have to figure out how to give CBS to Columbus, and NBC to Dayton. :rolleyes:

I hope Charlie doesnt really read this board, because I might get in trouble for telling the world about their HD locals release plans

Topeka is up, the last time I checked a 61.5 it was 33 degree inclination point east south east. No thank you to roof mounts, no maas to ground mounts at that elevation.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)