Dish Network Expands National Hd Line-up

This is typical dish when it comes to alaska, I am probably going to go direct tv sometime this summer.

I would too, just over the stupidity of this one issue, but when I put in my zip code on the direct site it says I can't receive locals here in Soldotna, so I am stuck with Dish. E-mail Dish and call often, maybe something can change.

I would too, just over the stupidity of this one issue, but when I put in my zip code on the direct site it says I can't receive locals here in Soldotna, so I am stuck with Dish. E-mail Dish and call often, maybe something can change.

Just curious what size dish you have pointed at 110 and your signal strength? I have a 6 foot dish and can get a signal strength of 35 on transponder 17.

Just curious what size dish you have pointed at 110 and your signal strength? I have a 6 foot dish and can get a signal strength of 35 on transponder 17.

I am in Fairbanks with a single 6 ft dish for both 110 and 119. I have a smaller dish for 148.

Other tp's are higher, but get green 28 on 17. Its moderately overcast here, I cannot see the ak range right now.

I am in Fairbanks with a single 6 ft dish for both 110 and 119. I have a smaller dish for 148.

Other tp's are higher, but get green 28 on 17. Its moderately overcast here, I cannot see the ak range right now.

I think we all have enough signal strength to get a reliable picture on these channels. I also have a dish for 148, it's a shame Dish didn't use this sat for the Alaska HD package.

Having the LA HD feed was nice.

Are you getting a local CBS HD feed? I get the Anchorage feed through Dish and an OTA.

Local HD? :rolleyes:

I get KUAC pbs hd ota and dish. I get poor quality "digital" abc, nbc ota (wrong side of hill for other channels). I get all of the locals from dish with exceptionally poor pq (other than the actual hd kuac).

Local HD? :rolleyes:

I get KUAC pbs hd ota and dish. I get poor quality "digital" abc, nbc ota (wrong side of hill for other channels). I get all of the locals from dish with exceptionally poor pq (other than the actual hd kuac).

Anchorage has NBC, CBS, PBS and Fox in HD, with ABC maybe later this year. Dish still doesn't carry NBC or Fox HD feeds yet.

Yeah, I wonder if this will be enough to keep some of the "haters". Seems like the chief complaint was lack of Sci-Fi & USA.

Yeah, I wanted the Sci-Fi ch. as I watch Enterprise & The Outer Limits. Now I can record some eps. in HD instead of the bow wow SD sig.:)

Englewood, Colo., April 18, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today launched CNN HD, SCI FI HD and USA HD.

“As previously announced, our plans to enhance our HD programming line-up this spring remain on track,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network®. “We continue our HD rollout to reach our year-end goal of 100 local HD markets and 100 national HD channels.”

The new high definition channels are available to DISH Network customers who subscribe to AT100 and Essentials HD or higher. CNN HD is available on channel 200 HD; SCI FI HD is available on channel 122 HD; and USA HD is available on 105 HD.

In order to view HD programming, DISH Network customers can upgrade to a dishHD receiver like the award-winning ViP722™. The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms, one in HD and one in standard definition. The ViP722 can record up to 55 hours of HD and up to 350 hours of standard definition programming and allows customers to pause, rewind and fast forward TV.

Qualified new DISH Network customers who sign up with a 24-month commitment will receive three months of free programming (a $120 value), a free dishDVR and free installation (a $49.99 value).

For more information about DISH Network’s HD offerings or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Well done Scott!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts