Dish Network for Camper

i have an old single-lnb directv dish. could i get that working with my 625 dvr when camping? i have a dish500 dish at home
It will work, but you would only get 1 satellite at a time... 119 would be the best bet... when I took my 501 dvr I would leave it on a seat to help protect from vibration as where I usually camp is 10 miles offroad...

Yes and do a switch check with nothing hooked to the 625 first to clear the switch matrix, then hook up the Directv dish and follow the point dish instructions... be sure when you hook the 625 back up to your home system to do a switch check again... :)

thanks, i definatley will practice at home
And as dfergie said: use one of the inexpensive signal meters and above all... USE A LEVEL and make sure the mast is vertical. When it is and you know how to use the meter it's pretty easy even without a compass if you have a decent sense of direction. Of course with a compass it's dead easy. But if your mast isn't really vertical, skill and a meter and a compass won't stop you from pulling your hair out trying to get setup.

Trust us. We've been there and done that a LOT of times!

If you are not that far from home and the dish is dialed in and level, all you have to do is sweep the dish very slowly listening for a solid tone then work and tweak for the highest pitched tone you can... :)
What he said.

Heres an old shot from about 8 or 9 years ago, retired that camper, still have the truck but at $4 + a gallon, The Blue Truck doesn't get driven that much :D

Attachments

• Camper old.JPG
    Camper old.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 115
Heres an old shot from about 8 or 9 years ago, retired that camper, still have the truck but at $4 + a gallon, The Blue Truck doesn't get driven that much :D
Nice! (in a kind of funky way). Is that a VHF antenna growing out of the roof?

We are full-timers and our RV is our only home. We have a VIP622 and use a Dish 1000 dish on a tripod.

To aim the Dish 1000, I found using a meter with a 22KHz function invaluable. I use an Accutrac 22 Pro. Until I got the Accutrac, I could never be sure of which LNB was being used for the aiming. I had this problem with a Dish 500 Pro also.

The reason for the 22KHz signal is to select the 119 LNB for aiming. That way I don't have to figure out what the 622 is trying to select.

The previous statements about a vertical mast are exceptionally important when you have a dual or triple headed dish. Very few tripods and dish mounts have a good way to make the mast vertical. I found the H&G tripod with adjustable length legs to be one of the few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts