DISH network for tailgate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbirdbuc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Hello,

New to this site, have a few questions. I would like to setup one of my dish receivers to the DISH PRO 500, the receiver is the 301. This will be used for tailgating. I have a tripod mount, do I need connections to both 119 and 110? There were no instructions included with my satellite purchase. Right now I have ONE connection to 119. I do need to get the local channels. Any tips on how to setup a receiver that is from my home system to this new portable unit? Will it be difficult to reset back to my home system?

How difficult is it to find/locate signal with portable units? Thanks for all responses.

I assume that you have the dish 500 with the 2 separate LNBs; not one piece.
Is this correct?

Hi welcome to satelliteguys! :welcome :wave :clap Do you have a dp twin or quad legacy twin/quad(looks like two eyes attaced to one unit.. A dp twin/quad will have a dp logo on it and a legacy quad/twin will just say dish on it.. or is it two seperate eyes... If its a dp or legacy quad all you have to do is run one line to the reciver.. put your zip code in and follow the on screen instructions for your azmouth, elevation and skew.. Skew is where you turn your dish by loosing the bolts to the proper value like here in chicago the skew is around 120 ~ 118. remeber to tighten the bolts when your done. Elevation is where you point the dish up and down.. (you loosen the bolts on the side and set to that value.. Next for your azmuth point the dish west. and slowly head to the east.. (have the signal meeter on the 119 side) as soon as you get signal peak it out to the highest value you can get. tighten the bolts down on the back of the dish and then peak up and down by a few degrees at the most getting the most you can get.. and thats it. you should have both 119 and 110 at the same time.. also make sure that the tripod is level.

If its two seperate eyes you will need a sw 21 to bring both 110 and 119 together. if you follow the instructions above you should not have any problems getting a point and also the more you do it the easer it gets..

Feel free to post if you have more questions..

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Actually all the questions you asked can only be answered by you!

Do you need connections to 119 and 110?
Depends on what channels you want to pick up! If you just want ESPN for the tailgate, then all you need is 119°. If you want your locals or by some miracle qualify for a distant network channels, you may need 110°. Your locals may be on 121°, 105°. 129°, 61.5°, 119°, 110° or 148° depending on where you live!

Most people I've run accross only have the one satellite location hooked up at tailgates here at home. They usually have ESPN going since the local channel can be picked up by a regular TV at the local stadium.

DOH!!!! Beat me to it by two minutes!!!!

See ya
Tony

Thank you for the quick replies!!! It should be the Dish Pro TWIN LNB. (two eyes as one unit) Does this mean to connect to 119 and setup using the menu for elevation/azimuth and skew as stated in previous post? Thanks again for the help. Would it help to have a satellite meter or compass? Thanks again.

Purchased the dish from ebay, here is the ad from the seller. Hope this helps:

The Dish Pro Twin LNB will give you the best performance - Less rain fade and superior signal. This Dish enables the reception of feeds from two satellite positions (110 & 119) at the same time, and supports up to 2 receivers. It has the capability of receiving up to 500 channels of digital and High Definition programming. The Dish Pro Twin LNB has a "built in" diseqc switch. No additional switches are necessary - connect your cable from the LNB directly to each receiver. This dish is perfect for use with all DP (Dish Pro) Dish Network receivers and FTA receivers (Pansat, Coolsat, Fortec, Etc.).

Sweet.. yes just connect the line to the 119 side of the LNBF and it should say it on the lnbf on the side. (the eyes).. then point your dish.. then do a check switch after you have verified signal from your sat meter. by going into menus 6-1-1 on your remote.. (press menu) then 6... then 1.. then 1... and scroll over to check switch.. and press slect to preform check switch. and you should be all set.. if everything goes right you should see DP twin 119 DP twin 110 with polarity set to all.. If you see that your good to go.. let the reciver update the program guide and you should be watchin some tv..

Need help!!! Setup today, only get 119, when I select check switch, it states only 1 satellite is connected (119) Any thoughts?

jbirdbuc said:
Need help!!! Setup today, only get 119, when I select check switch, it states only 1 satellite is connected (119) Any thoughts?
Sounds like you're 9 degrees off. Cover the 110 eye with your hand - if 119 goes away, well, there's your sign. ;)

And of course, confirm mast plumb, and skew & elevation are set correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)