Dish Network FSS LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Can the FSS LNB off a Super Dish be used like any normal Linear LNB? Is it a Standard or Universal? I have a Super Dish and thought that I would see if I could lock on to some stronger singnals.

bandstacked takes the horizontal frequencies, puts them at a higher frequency and makes them vertical

advantage......can use high frequency splitters to split the LNB to multiple units
another advantage....use 3 of them and you can use a Dish Network DP34 switch to allow 4 receivers see the 3 satellites...much easier than 4x4 multiswitches and diseqc switches ;)

Vertical transponders stay the same for frequency. If your receiver supports it, the LNB LO should be 13850 (instead of 10750) and scan V only. If the receiver cannot support that then you have to use your 3rd grade math skills :)

Take the horizontal frequency, subtract it from 24600 and make it vertical. So as example, 12000 H 30000 becomes 12600 (24600-12000) V 30000 :)

few of us use bandstacked LNB's and they work pretty good.

Another advantage of stacked LNBs is that there is no switching involved for polarity, and only one cable run from the LNB is necessary. Both horizontal and vertical transponders are always available on the same single cable. This is very helpful when using commercial receivers that don't support voltage-switched LNBs. You just have to make sure the receiver can handle L-Band frequencies up to 2150 mhz, and that the cable and any inline devices you may have can also support that frequency range. When programming transponders, just use Iceberg's equation above :)

Jullius
If you dont mind me asking, what part of MN are you from? Metro? Outstate area?
(we've got a few MN folks including yours truly that are FTA folks)

There is a pile of SD's in your area. DN no longer needs 121W for locals, most Dish tech's replace them with a 500 on Trouble Calls as they were a PITA to mount & point. Ask around, you'll soon have a pile of them.

very true Cad. LaCrosse/Eau Claire locals were on Superdish 121 for a while so you could probably find some.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)