Dish Network Has Tnt Hd!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I watched the game last night the audio was DD 5.1 excellent!!
Picture was as good as any other sports presentation.
They seem to have a lot of microphones at the game every time the ball hit the backboard you could hear it clearly and at times the sound of dribbling was apparent.
Lets see how the other HD productions come out!!

I was impressed with how they presented the commercials. Can't figure out what they did. I'm pretty sure they were just the standard 4:3 ones used by everybody else but they had them filling the screen and didn't appear to be stretched. I'm thinking they zoomed in to fill the screen. I guess they could have got 16:9 versions maybe.???

I am watching Lost in Space right now and the picture is outstanding! The DD5.1 sounds excellent. All this for the price of admission to the HD pak. I do not even have to buy any movie packs that I do not want. This is what I want to see in HD. Now if they would just sign onto the 480p stations -- USA and SCIFI and I will be in heaven. :D

I have never watched TNT, but I am impressed with the TNT HD channel. Even the upconverted programs and commercials look 100% beter than ESPN blurry stretched programs. ESPNHD should talk to TNTHD about how to do it right.

JoeSp said:
I am watching Lost in Space right now and the picture is outstanding! The DD5.1 sounds excellent. All this for the price of admission to the HD pak. I do not even have to buy any movie packs that I do not want. This is what I want to see in HD. Now if they would just sign onto the 480p stations -- USA and SCIFI and I will be in heaven. :D

It was really great, I agree! :) SciFi in HD would be great. USA would be good, and TBS wouldn't be bad either. I wouldn't complain if they put more premium movie channels in HD either though. :D

JoeSp said:

I don't think the picture quality is as good as say, HDMovies. At first I thought Lost in Space was streched.

Don Landis said:
Can anyone explain why TNT-HD is compelling with stretched upconverted SD while starz, Bravo, Cinemax HD chanels with 20-25% of the day in true Film to HDTV conversions is not compelling?

Wow, I agree with Don !!!

I'd take Starz and Cinemax over TNT ANY day !!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to $$$. TNT is an advertising supported channel (for now - until 80% of the population learns how to work a DVR). It was probably part of last month's negotiation and didn't cost Charlie much.

I was talking with Starz and Showtime (about THM HD) and they said they hope to have their HD channels on Dish soon. (But with them hoping it didn't sound like soon would be soon enough. :)

David_Levin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to $$$. TNT is an advertising supported channel (for now - until 80% of the population learns how to work a DVR). It was probably part of last month's negotiation and didn't cost Charlie much.

I find it interesting that almost everyone that has Starz HD channel (VOOM)say's it's a joke but we still have people clamoring for it. Cinemax for the most part just re-runs HBO movies, so who really cares? I'll take TNT-HD over either, thank you very much. At least they have some sports and original programming.

NightRyder

Was just about to switch to Direct and now Charlie has to go and screw things up. Damn.

DISH Network Adds TNT To Its High-Definition Package >DISH

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (Dow Jones)--EchoStar Communications Corp.'s (DISH) Dish Network and Turner Network Television are partnering to offer Dish Network satellite TV customers TNT in high definition.
The 24-hour HDTV presentation of TNT's East Coast feed will offer DISH
Network customers programming in HDTV format, including sports, movies, TNT Originals and shows, satellite TV provider EchoStar said in a press release Friday
Dish Network now offers five channels in its high-definition package for
$9.99 a month, including TNT in HD, ESPN HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies and Discovery HD.
Shares of EchoStar were trading recently at $31.52, up 34 cents, or 1.1%.
-Jenny Park; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5400
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
05-21-04 1007ET

David_Levin said:

Well I hope you know that when Starz and Cinemax comes they will be part of their package and not the HDPAK. Just like HBO is. Personally I welcome and HD offering and TNT was a great step considering the NBA finals.... I can now see my Lakers in HD DD5.1 woop the Timberwolfs. ;)

I did notice that they do have some audio tweaking to do. I heard every clank of the ball hitting the rim. :D

Not sure if this point was made. But remember that HD Content is a mixed bag. Movies that have been convereted to HD will differ in quality depending on the process. Some movies will look great, others will be ok, and others will look like bad SD upscaled. Mileage will definitely vary.

WeeJavaDude said:
Not sure if this point was made. But remember that HD Content is a mixed bag. Movies that have been convereted to HD will differ in quality depending on the process. Some movies will look great, others will be ok, and others will look like bad SD upscaled. Mileage will definitely vary.
Bingo! The first two movies I saw on TNT-HD this weekend were stretched 4:3 .... yuck!

why is it a joke? i saw the t-wolves vs. lakers and it was crystal clear. And nba and nascar is the only thing that tnt is good for anyways. Oh no, one of the old crappy movies that i'll never watch arent in pure hd. oh damn

That is why the amount of ORIGINAL programming a network has should be the primary criteria for adding an HD channel. With the exception of a handful original movies and series a year, all TNT has is the 8-10 Nascar races and the NBA games. There will probably be weeks going by where there isn't 1 hour of original HD programming on TNT-HD.

So, what? We were gritching and groaning for a new HD channel and we finally get one and what happens? Everyone b___tches about the content. I for one am happy to have the channel. So, what if they don't have all original programming in HD 24/7? They will have some events that I will want to see, therefore offering me choices in HD I didn't have before. Also, I like a lot of their original movies. They should look good in HD. Things will just get better as time goes by.

Stacy

They need to do something about the TNT logo bug on the screen if they want us to watch. My wife just about ruined my mits watching QVC, I caught it just in time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)