Dish Network - Hopper - Moving TV2 to another room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lesa Schaefer

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
I have Dish Network's Hopper setup. One of my TV's (not the main one), is in the living room. I want to move the tv to a bedroom. The bedroom has a cable hookup, but it is unused at the moment.

In order to move the TV, is it just a matter of hooking up the bedroom cable in place of the one from the living room, to the silver Dish box in the basement?

Thank you for your help.

Yes. Assuming it is a single, straight cable running from that room direct to the location you mention, with no splitters or whatnot in the line. I am assuming you have a Joey in this room? That is the smaller receiver.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

Yes, there's a Joey connected to the tv that we want to move. Thank you for confirming what seemed to be common sense.

One more question: with the Hopper/Joey setup, is it possible to do mirroring? We have 1 hopper and 3 joeys. We'd like to hook up a 5th tv, but our installer said that this was only possible if we got more equipment (another hopper I believe). Mirroring would be ok with us and we'd not like our bill to go any higher than it already is.

Thanks again.

One more question: with the Hopper/Joey setup, is it possible to do mirroring? We have 1 hopper and 3 joeys. We'd like to hook up a 5th tv, but our installer said that this was only possible if we got more equipment (another hopper I believe). Mirroring would be ok with us and we'd not like our bill to go any higher than it already is.

Thanks again.
Yes you can. If you want to do via coax, you would need to a cheap RF modulator attached to the composite output.

Yes you can. If you want to do via coax, you would need to a cheap RF modulator attached to the composite output.

KAB: that's good news. I am not tech savvy in these areas. Can you direct me to any sort of directions that would give me the details on how to do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts