Dish Network installs and dual tuner backfeeds question

Zooz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
I am a DirecTV installer that was wanting to branch out to Dish Network installations. I had heard from former Dish Network installers that the installs are considerably more involved due to the backfeeds required for the dual tuners. I recently heard this is no longer the case.

My question is can you use the new DispPro Plus LNB with the DishPro Plus Separator and regular diplexers to have only 1 wall fished cable supplying the dual tuner inputs as well as the 2nd tv output for each 322 receiver.

If so does it matter where you place the diplexers in relation to the DishPro Plus Separator? Anyone have a diagram of this sort of set up? I've searched DishNetwork's site and only can seem to find the regular DishPro and legacy diagrams.

Thanks in advance :)

welcome to the site. one of the many installers will be able to give you a good answer. visit often to keep up with all the latest news and tricks.

mdonnelly said:
See if this helps.

More up to date than most manuals and diagrams I have seen. But it doesnt mention if you can or can not use diplexers in the input feed.

Yes, it is possible to use diplexers to run a TV2 backfeed. I have done so on many occasions since the DPP Twin and the DPP44 have come out. I place my diplexer between the DPP Separator and wallplate and place the other diplexer where all of the existing house cables meet. If you are diplexing a backfeed while using a DPP44 switch, you must use Holland DPD2 diplexers on the line (port #1) that has the power inserter. This is the only diplexer I know of that can handle the higher amperage required by the DPP44. The other three ports on the DPP44 can use your regular diplexers.

Hope this helps.
Rick

rickdasher said:
Yes, it is possible to use diplexers to run a TV2 backfeed. I have done so on many occasions since the DPP Twin and the DPP44 have come out. I place my diplexer between the DPP Separator and wallplate and place the other diplexer where all of the existing house cables meet. If you are diplexing a backfeed while using a DPP44 switch, you must use Holland DPD2 diplexers on the line (port #1) that has the power inserter. This is the only diplexer I know of that can handle the higher amperage required by the DPP44. The other three ports on the DPP44 can use your regular diplexers.

Hope this helps.
Rick

Do you have to use the DPP44 switch to use diplexers?

Zooz said:
Do you have to use the DPP44 switch to use diplexers?
No. Diplexers can be used on ANY satellite feed - subject to the power-passing limitations already mentioned.

Keep the diplexers "facing" each other on the wire. That is, they must be the two devices closest to each other.

webbydude said:
No, you do not. You can use a diplexer in almost any situation where it's warranted. But my understanding is that if you DO use any DPP equipment, the diplexer has to be a higher duty grade
Only if a power inserter is on the cable, and farther from the switch than the diplexers.

DPP equipment with diplexers is the only way to go... I use them on almost every install I do now... another thing to keep in mind when doing those.. at least in my experience, if you are putting up a second wing dish into the DPP Twin, you have to take the download before it will recognize it.

So it is looking like Dish Network is a breeze to setup now.

What about most installation companies? Do they pay a little more to cover the separator and diplexer costs? Or are a lot of the retailers supplying them for installers?

It all depends on who you work for... my company provides everything... wire, diplexers, seperators, connectors..etc. there are other companys in my town that the installers buy everything for themselves...

Zooz said:
So it is looking like Dish Network is a breeze to setup now.

What about most installation companies? Do they pay a little more to cover the separator and diplexer costs? Or are a lot of the retailers supplying them for installers?

they can be a breeze once you learn to think.. using diplexers... on almost every job i do now i end up using at least 4 diplexers if not more... and getting them all hooked up in the right directions is very important.
i have one guy that works for me that still can't quite comprehend diplexing sometimes...
for example, i did an install one time where i ended up using 12 diplexers, on a Dpp twin, with a 522 and a 322, and a OTA antenna... using almost all of the customers house wiring, i think i may have ran about 10 feet of wire on that one...

also, another very important thing to installing dish... CHECK THESE FORUMS OFTEN!!!
you will find out about common problems, and how to fix them. often times before you have to deal with it

Hmm.. I used normal diplexers with a DPP44 power inserter yesterday and it worked just fine.

Rcvr - DPPSEP - Diplex - Pwr Ins - Wallplate

too bad a dpp44 is like $180. I have yet to put one in a residential install. we use them in appartments all the time because of the 1 line situation in virtually every appt
Since we are a superdish market i never see 500 dishes on new installs. Is every 500 lnb DPP+ now? Also, we have had luck with the diplexer placed between the reciever and power inserter (so it dosent get all the amps)

bcshields said:
Hmm.. I used normal diplexers with a DPP44 power inserter yesterday and it worked just fine.

Rcvr - DPPSEP - Diplex - Pwr Ins - Wallplate
Either lucky, or the ones you used are rated and you don't know it, or they're gonna fry soon. No idea which. :)

madisondish: I think your price on a DPP44 is wrong - a lot less now. And no, the standard D500 box is still DP Twin - at least here. Shouldn't be too long before they're all DPPlus Twins, though.

I see them on ebay for 100 (80 plus shipping), echostar lists them for way more. where do you find them for less Simon?

You've got the prices I know about. Never bothered to check what our distributor charges. And that's what I meant $80-100 on eBay is a lot less than $180. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)