Dish Network Launches DishOnline.COM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Thanks to member RJohn for alerting me that as of today Dish Network has launched DishOnline.COM

When you go to DishOnline.COM you can register for an account however nothing appears to be tied to your existing Dish Network account, in fact when you sign up it does not even ask you if you are a Dish Network customer or for your account number.

It appears that for now this service will be different then the DishOnline service we have seen demoed at CES and this will be entirely an online service that is more a portal to other companies that Dish Network has partnered with.

It mentions that there will be live streaming and download to own or rent movies. Plus expanded sports content, exclusive international programming, music services and special options for Dish Network satellite subscibers.

You can check it out at http://www.dishonline.com

This will be real nice espscially if your on the go, just download a movie to ur notebook and watch a movie and u can even burn it to DVD if u want, pretty cool I think! ;)

Looks like the only thing they will be streaming at first will be adult movies.

This is taken from the sites FAQ

What is the difference between streaming and download?

There are two ways content is provided to the subscriber:
Streaming: these programs must be watched as they are sent to the computer (real time).
Progressive Download: these programs will need a brief period of time to begin downloading, then they can be watched while downloading continues in the background. Additionally, these programs can be watched at a later time.

Which content will be streamed and which will be a download?

It depends on the program, but generally speaking:
DISHtheater and studio movies: progressive download
DISHmusic: progressive download
After Hours: streaming and progressive download

Who do I contact if I have a problem with a service on DISHonline?

Each site or link on DISHonline has a help section that explains who to call for each type of problem. If you have a billing issue, or had problems downloading an item, contact the site directly. If, after you have contacted the site owner, you still experiencing problems, please contact DISHonline at itv@echostar.com

Wow, I was able to register my username of choice. :D Good thing to be early to the party. The beer is still cold.

Looks like its time to finally hook up that Ethernet jack.

BTW: Those Ethernet of AC outlet devices work great.

I checked out the DishOnline site this morning and was very disappointed that "Internet Exploder 6" or worse is required. DRM is a killer waste when I may just buy the DVD, rip it into a .vob or mpeg4 and watch it on any Divx or xvid player.

Do they really see money coming in from this service?

I checked out the DishOnline site this morning and was very disappointed that "Internet Exploder 6" or worse is required. DRM is a killer waste when I may just buy the DVD, rip it into a .vob or mpeg4 and watch it on any Divx or xvid player.

Do they really see money coming in from this service?

IE 6 or IE 7 works fine! If anyone having issues with their browser it is a setting on your machine. Yes there will be some who will not use everything on the site but there will be many that will.

Sorry for the really dumb question but, do these downloads just go to a PC and not to a dish network STB?

A few months ago there was an announcement (press release) that Dish would be using CinemaNow for its upcoming service.

Wonder how long it will be before we see the integration? 2007? 2008? 2009?

I've been thinking. Based a variety of considerations, such as previous receiver releases, promised dates of software upgrades, future channel lineups, global warming, the war on terror, highly rated super bowl commercials, el nino, and the current barometric pressure, I was able to come up with a formula to give us an ETA for DishOnline. After plugging in all the data in my new formula, I came up with May 17 2012. Now my data could be off, or I may have screwed up the math, but I think i'm right on target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts