Dish Network Launches DishOnline.COM

"Echostar plans to integrate CinemaNow into its new generation of Internet-connected set-top boxes, eventually giving CinemaNow access to EchoStar’s 12 million subs...."

So it's confirmed. Right now and for the foreseeable future, Dishonline.com has nothing to do with Dish Network set top boxes.

*crumples up dishonline.com...throws in garbage*

I don;t see any streams I guess I could rent something to test it out. Good idea.

The funny things is that I would likely be uninterested in just watching regular VOD movies. Even if it was in HD, I wouldn't pay up for movies.

But if was any interface that allows me to watch YouTube and other Online streaming sites, I would consider E* a break through for providers. Crappy PQ and all. :D

IE 6 or IE 7 works fine! If anyone having issues with their browser it is a setting on your machine. Yes there will be some who will not use everything on the site but there will be many that will.
I know, that is the problem. There are those of us that will not use that browser because of all its security problems, I am in that group.

Now if it were to connect to my 622 (also a Linux box) and provide free VOD (like cable) then it may be interesting, but "as is" I think it will be lame and next to nobody will pay for it.

I agree it is a neat technology/concept, however, I would be much more apt to purchase an IPTV provider for 15-20/mo before I would pay PPV rates for sub-quality product. I get this free from Netflix anyway.

I've been thinking. Based a variety of considerations, .... After plugging in all the data in my new formula, I came up with May 17 2012. Now my data could be off, or I may have screwed up the math, but I think i'm right on target.

That's no good, man. The Mayan calendar says that 2012 is it. How will Dish make any money on that?

:D

IE 6 or IE 7 works fine! If anyone having issues with their browser it is a setting on your machine. Yes there will be some who will not use everything on the site but there will be many that will.

NO Firefox No visit from me.. sorry I don't care what they offer.

They need Free movies for us to download. even if they're old classics ones.

Cable OnDemand got a tons of FREE shows!

Is this only going to work with the 622 or is there any chance they might get it to work with the 625 as well? Since it has a USB port they could theoretically add some kind of networking capability using some sort of external interface. I could plug it right in to my DSL modem which has a USB port.

NO Firefox No visit from me.. sorry I don't care what they offer.
I also use Firefox exclusively. However, there are times that I must view a website in IE. For that I use the IE Tab extension for Firefox. It allows you to view these few sites that must be viewed with MSIE (like the MS update sites). You can map a particular site to the plug-in so that whenever you visit, Firefox 'knows' to view it with the extension.

I am sorry, but this is just LAME!

Cinemanow has been around for years, and this is just a Dish Network front end on their web site. There is nothing to see here, nothing new.

In the past you could buy movies on Cinemanow and downlaod them to your PC to watch. In the present you can buy movies on DishOnline (Cinemanow) and download them to your PC to watch.

This is seriously LAME.

Until it is hooked to my 622, there is no news here. As someone mentioned above, I am already downloading TV shows and movies on my Xbox 360 in High Def. Dish has some catching up to do.

Is this only going to work with the 622 or is there any chance they might get it to work with the 625 as well?

There is NO CHANCE they will even try to get it to work with the 625. No ethernet port. Yes, there are "ways" with the USB- doesn't matter. It ain't gonna happen. They've stated it is for ViP units only. Plus, the 625 might only have another 3 years of useability left, as they shift over to MPEG-4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts