Dish Network Logo On TV Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FD611V

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I have a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV. I also have Dish Network as my programming. When I turn on the TV, the Dish logo is the first thing that "pops" up on the screen. Although, I don't have the VIP211K turned on, it still (logo) comes on. It doesn't go away even if I have my Motorola DSR-922 C-band on. I cannot find anything in the Samsung or Dish manuals how to turn off the Dish logo.

Does anyone here have the same problem?

Answer to bouncing logo

Dear friend:

You will have to enter the receiver menu and turn off inactivity standby. All dishnet receivers turn-off it selfs after a while of inactivity, when this happens a bouncing logo appears on the screen. Basically if you get a bouncing logo on your screen it means the receiver is turned off. Different receiver models have different softaware, look for the latest pdf manual on line for latest detailed information.

Regards

I don't think this is the solution you mentioned. I've removed the RG6 coax (Dish Network) from the TV, plus the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV, and turned off the TV, and when I turn it the TV on, the logo still shows. So, it doesn't have anything to do with the receiver or the dish coax.

Sounds to me like you are having some issue with your TV. Are you saying the image is there in full color as if you were tuned to one of the channels with the placeholder image or is it a faint shadow of the logo?

If it's the second instance I have to say it all points to burn in. If it's the first instance I would say something is definitely wrong with your tv

Sounds to me like you are having some issue with your TV. Are you saying the image is there in full color as if you were tuned to one of the channels with the placeholder image or is it a faint shadow of the logo?

If it's the second instance I have to say it all points to burn in. If it's the first instance I would say something is definitely wrong with your tv
Its not Burn in. Its a LCD so Burn in is not an issue. Even if the TV was a Plasma its way to new of a TV to even worry about burn in yet. I'm not really sure what logo your seeing that won't go away. But maybe you should try unplugging your receiver and see if that solves your problem. It could be a number of things, but without unplugging some of your equipment to eliminate possible causes, we really can't help you all that much. . Its possible your TV may have an issue since my sister bought a 40 Samsung LCD and in 3 days the picture also had foreign object embedded on picture. They returned it.

Ok, here's what I can determine with reference to a Dish logo. I don't generally watch much on this new HDTV. I have one in the Den to watch. It's the wife that gets the use of the new one (with Dish logo on screen) in the Family room, and complains on this "logo" type that comes on each time.

So, here's what I have done. Turned off the TV, unplugged the HDMI from the TV. Shut down the VIP211K. So there's no Dish Network connection to the TV at all. Turned on the TV, and turned on the Motorola DSR-922 C-band receiver, and press "source" on the Samsung remote to "AVI" (source for my C-band) and there's no Dish logo. Also same for TV (my OTA antenna) channels... no Dish logo there also.

I connected the HDMI to the TV, and turned on the Dish receiver. Went to the Samsung remote, press "source" (Input) and press HDMI, and there is this Dish logo, with messages regarding... Channel 500 provides a complete schedule plus previews for Dish Network...etc... There are also a few more messages of such... so I'm thinking this is more a advertisement that D/N puts outs until to select a channel. But what confuses me, it... the messages come on when the Dish receiver is "off"

NOTE: I can leave the VIP211K off with the HDTV off in the Family room, and go into the Den, and turn on the other TV with Dish Network, and not get any type of D/N logo or messages. The TV in the Den is not a HDTV, so it appears this is happening on the HDTV.

When ever the VIP211 is off (it's really in standby) you get the logo and messages until you turn it "on".
The receiver is NEVER really off unless you unplug it which you don't want to do or it won't get needed updates.

DISH installed this feature in their latest boxes because they feel that too many of their customers were calling over foolish issues such as not being able to find the correct channel or input because they didn't turn on the satellite receiver first. So, DISH puts that out when the receiver is off so the customer can find their dish input after watching a DVD, blu-ray, etc. without having to turn on the receiver first. Believe it or not, there are customers that are that dumb.

When ever the VIP211 is off (it's really in standby) you get the logo and messages until you turn it "on".
The receiver is NEVER really off unless you unplug it which you don't want to do or it won't get needed updates.

Right..You know the little red light on your DVD/amp/computer/whatever that you see whenever you turn it "off" (but it's really in standby)? Think of the DISH logo on your screen as kind of a fancy, high tech version of the little red light.

Speaking of little red lights, have you ever noticed how many standby lights/digital clocks you have in your house that are on 24/7? There are a ton. Think about all the smoke detectors/A-V equipment/phones/answering machines/monitors/stove/fridge/PC/electric razor/etc. I know they consume only a teensy amount of energy individually. But I've always wondered how much they consume when added together for a typical household. I bet it isn't negligible.

By maintaining the bouncing logo, the HDMI or DVI connection is kept alive. Without a signal some TVs will no longer recognize that input and will skip it as you change the source.

LCD TVs can burn in as can plasma TVs. I have a Samsung LED DLP set, which is one of the few types that has no phosphors nor liquid crystals to burn in and no short-lived lamp. Few stores promote this type although you can get a large screen at a reasonable price.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts