DISH Network May Remove RFD-TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm thankful for the 30-day stay...I do think everyone's emails and phone calls to DISH were effective. I feel confident they will be here to stay.

i also sent an email to charlie last night. i don't watch the channel, but i know my aunt who used to live on a farm has watched some things on it and she enjoyed it. wow this is my first post on here! i've had trouble doing this since i use a screen reading program to do things on my computer. glad rfd isn't going away hopefully it won't.

Once highspeed broadband (video over IP) is widely availble .neither one will have much of a future (once high speed internet is availble over a cellular connection which will take about 10 years or so) LTE is just the first step

This is where I am now looking . My local Telcom IPTV is offering all the channels I watch from Dish. The cost for the super pack is $50 / month. All in SD for now. Est some HD in 6 months.

I have Netflix Roku working great in SD over a 1.5meg DSL. For $10 more I get 3meg

My Dish now costs $86/M and I do not get the new HD channels.
I can get LOCAL OTA HD using my old Voom Box OTA tuner. Hope to buy a new HDTV later this year.

I give up DVR features. Could use a recoding DVD to DVD-RW real time record.

Direct costs more then Dish for the same service I have with Dish. So that is no option.

I am considering the IPTV. Can I deal with SD after years of HD?

I am considering the IPTV. Can I deal with SD after years of HD?

Well I sure am not going back to SD, and I am sure that there are many that feel like I do.

I am sure a person could deal with it if that was all that was available, it's only going to get better for HD programming whether with Dish or some other source.

So who will still be around? Dont underestimate Dish yet. I don't forsee there only being one satellite provider available in the future.

Just a few years back, DirecTV and Dish were talking marriage but it was not approved. I am not sure who would of been wearing the pants in that now called off marriage! :eek:

XM and Sirius are now one! Anything can happen! ;)
Charlie's dark past does not mean there will always be a bright future for Dish! History repeats and empires fall! :D

OK, just resurrecting this thread because I actually received a reply to my e-mail protesting the potential removal of RFD-TV. It was signed by Dave Shull, although I'm sure it was auto-generated.

Just curious to see if others are starting to receive responses to their e-mails, as well as if there's any news (the reply didn't indicate anything had changed).

OK, I really am not up on this tech stuff but here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: RFD-TV?
From: President of Dish Network (president@dishnetwork.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk [DEFINITELY JUNK] :)
Sent: Wed 2/24/10 10:58 AM
To: ###########@hotmail.com

February 24, 2010

Dear Mr. Kleinberg,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding contract negotiations between DISH Network and RFD-TV. We would like to assure you that DISH Network is doing everything possible to come to a fair and equitable agreement with RFD-TV.

DISH Network is dedicated to supporting our rural communities. Our roots -- our first and best customers -- are our rural customers. Based on these rural ties, we were the first national TV platform to launch RFD-TV. We will continue to bring you the best rural programming in America.

Every few years we go through contract renewals with our programmers. I am personally working closely with Patrick Gottsch to find a solution that allows us to keep our prices low while continuing to carry RFD-TV. Thank you for your continued business and patience throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Dave Shull

Senior Vice President of Programming
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty civil considering how nasty I was in my original message. That's why it's probably done by a 'bot.

OK, I really am not up on this tech stuff but here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: RFD-TV?
From: President of Dish Network (president@dishnetwork.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk [DEFINITELY JUNK] :)
Sent: Wed 2/24/10 10:58 AM
To: ###########@hotmail.com

February 24, 2010

Dear Mr. Kleinberg,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding contract negotiations between DISH Network and RFD-TV. We would like to assure you that DISH Network is doing everything possible to come to a fair and equitable agreement with RFD-TV.

DISH Network is dedicated to supporting our rural communities. Our roots -- our first and best customers -- are our rural customers. Based on these rural ties, we were the first national TV platform to launch RFD-TV. We will continue to bring you the best rural programming in America.

Every few years we go through contract renewals with our programmers. I am personally working closely with Patrick Gottsch to find a solution that allows us to keep our prices low while continuing to carry RFD-TV. Thank you for your continued business and patience throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Dave Shull

Senior Vice President of Programming
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty civil considering how nasty I was in my original message. That's why it's probably done by a 'bot.

Same exact reply I got.

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)