Dish network multiswitch on the fritz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duane vaughan

Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
My Dish network system is a hybrid that uses two new receivers and one older "legacy" receiver, it has an dish 500
dish and a HD dish with a total of three LNBFs, I have a sw64
with power inserter and I am connecting off air broadcast into
the switch as well. this last week I have been taking advantage of Dish networks special to upgrade two older "Legacy" receivers to two new receivers. (a 510 dvr and
a 811 HD) I have been aware that my original install sw64 was probably getting a bit long in the tooth since I bought my last replacement power inserter (number 2 I believe but possibly #3) and since I had to retire one output and use the spare (corrosion?) now after several days of tweeking the two new receivers (programing) my signal went away completely.
dead to all three receivers. performed check switch and "no switch detected. Dish network and I figure the switch and or the power inserter have died. (can new receivers stress an old power inserter?).
So Dish is sending me a new sw64 with inserter.
my problem now is I probably wont see them before next week (because of the xmas holidays) so my question is this:
is the sw64 a electrical/mechanical device or is it all solid state? reason for asking is that if it is made up of mechanical relays then it doesnt seem likely that ALL outputs would fail at the same time and the power inserter would be the likely culprit (again). power inserters are not expensive (15 to 20 bucks) and If I can find one locally today or tomorrow I wont have a housefull of kids and wife (and me) without TV over the weekend. The new sw64 and inserter would be installed when they arive and I will have a spare inserter (a handy thing to have). so can anyone fill me in on this.
thanx
duane : :)

solid state but you can bypass the switch and at least 119 on a couple of receivers. You would need to do a check switch of course. I have a spare power inserter if you need one.

Just use a F-81 double female splice to replace the SW-64 for the two receivers you need working off the 119 satellite. You can try removing the power inserter from AC power for a short time then plug it back in some times it will reset and give you a little more use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)