Dish Network News

Sounds like some deal you get when you have three movie packages that is the difference in cost to get Cinemax added on if they charged full price for each movie package individually. At least this is what I heard in the past the kind of deal they try to do. They try to make it look as good as they can when in reality it is their regular price. They have always given a better deal when you buy more movie packages each additional movie package costs less in a combo pack.

No, the $0.01/year Cinemax deal is talked about extensively in the Dish Network Forum (not HD forum). If you agree to auto and paperless bill paying, and don't have Cinemax for the last 6 months, you get it for one year at $0.01, the $0.01/year deal will automatically extend for the 2nd and 3rd year, as long as the auto/paperless bill pay arrangement is not changed. You don't need to have any other movies packages.

Yup its like all these free previews they keep having. I pay the most for my service yet I never get anything for free.

Doesn't do me any good then, since I've got all the movie channels (have had them for years) and auto-pay for years as well. Another perk that AEP+HD subs can't get...it's like being a whale sub gets you hosed...sad. :(

Always has... I have the 3 movie channel package--so I get Cinemax, HBO, Showtime--no Starz. I would probably consider signing up for paperless if they gave me Starz for $0.01/year. They need to do a similar deal for me to keep HBO after "The Wire" ends. ;)

Make me understand the why HD is a must? For the channels that are carried, none are must have. Why not let Dish sit on them and no one sign up? Would that not make a statement that the programming and pricing is unacceptable?

Before HD came along, most all of us were happy with the picture, channel offerings and pricing. I have two 721's in service and can't accept what they have to offer in HD. All these fees Dish is charging have become outrageous. That is another reason I stay with my 721's.

Think about, guys. Let them keep the equipment and HD programming until it makes more sense to receive it.

This is going to be amusing.

The focus effective Q1 08 just went to straight profit (hey, Charlie's gotta fund his new EHC toy somehow.) Considering customer service's idea of customer service has always been giving away everything for free, I can't wait to see what happens next. Time for those freebies to disappear.

The contract extension was a natural next step. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? I think E* just figured out exactly how much money you lose to the opportunists who jump at the first $10 discount they see. This also effectively ensures former customer promotions will be staying right where they are. After all, if you know you won't get a killer deal after cancelling and "changing your mind", you'll be less likely to cancel in the first place.

From what I have bean reading it appears that E* will offer a 3 tier HD packaging. I believe this is in response to D* $9.99 and $14.98 HD pricing.

From what I have bean reading it appears that the HD Enabling fee will likley rise from $6 to $7 and be the same.

The new $10 HD tier will likely consist of the HD simulcast channels and probably HD Theator, HD Net just like D*.

The mid level $15 tier will likely add HD Net Movies, Universal HD, NBA-HD, and NHL-HD and if the rumored additions MoJo-HD and Smithsonian-HD come true, these would likely go in the $15 tier.

The top $20 tier would add Voom and be the same as the current HD package.

If I were a betting man, something simuler to the above will be the new HD structure.

From what I have bean reading it appears that E* will offer a 3 tier HD packaging. I believe this is in response to D* $9.99 and $14.98 HD pricing.

From what I have bean reading it appears that the HD Enabling fee will likley rise from $6 to $7 and be the same.

The new $10 HD tier will likely consist of the HD simulcast channels and probably HD Theator, HD Net just like D*.

The mid level $15 tier will likely add HD Net Movies, Universal HD, NBA-HD, and NHL-HD and if the rumored additions MoJo-HD and Smithsonian-HD come true, these would likely go in the $15 tier.

The top $20 tier would add Voom and be the same as the current HD package.

If I were a betting man, something simuler to the above will be the new HD structure.

I sure hope you are right. IF that is the case I will drop my bill by $10.00 a month. I haven't watched anything on Voom in a long while due to the massive repeats on Monsters hd and other the other movie channels. I did like Rave but I have not watched it much in a while.

That all depends on how Dishes contract with Voom and the other HD providers allows. Voom could be the intro tier., then the HD only channels and the simulcast channels the top tier.

That all depends on how Dishes contract with Voom and the other HD providers allows. Voom could be the intro tier., then the HD only channels and the simulcast channels the top tier.
D

Granted we do not know how the contracts are structured for Voom or other HD channels, however I expect the contracts for the other channels are similar to D* which should allow for a similar HD tier structure. Also the simulcast channels likely cost E* and D* very little if any over and above the SD counterparts. Last of all, the structure you propose would do nothing to attract subs who want HD but are turned off by the current $20 take all or nothing plan and simply want their favorite channels in HD.

Voom was a "gift" when E* bought the satellite. They are paying next to nuthin for it

Voom was a "gift" when E* bought the satellite. They are paying next to nuthin for it
Maybe E* should start paying next to something for it so we don't have to watch the same programming over and over. Gift or not they use Voom to represent their HD package.And if Voom made money off of E* maybe they could have a better selection of movies and shows.E must want customers to leave and go to D*. Keep up this repeating programming ,No one will want E* HD

Maybe E* should start paying next to something for it so we don't have to watch the same programming over and over. Gift or not they use Voom to represent their HD package.And if Voom made money off of E* maybe they could have a better selection of movies and shows.E must want customers to leave and go to D*. Keep up this repeating programming ,No one will want E* HD
You need to call Rainbow Media and stop blaiming E* for lack of content on Voom

Yeah no kidding.. Those Voom channels are on Optimum Digital Cable too.. They're programmed by Rainbow Media. If you don't like Starz, you don't go bitch at Echostar, you go e-mail Starz.

As it goes I like having extra choices for something on TV. I watch RushHD relatively often for Snowmobiling, Skiing, etc.

You need to call Rainbow Media and stop blaiming E* for lack of content on Voom
I would if I was paying Voom $20 per month for HD Programming. But I'm not so. Maybe E* should listen to is customers and make changes with Voom or else.If I had a problem with Starz I could drop the package and still have HD. Show me how to drop Voom and keep HD with E*. And Starz at most is $10 per month not $20.

If you're getting Voom channels, you're paying for it in some form and are a customer by proxy (the dollars and cents shouldn't matter since ultimately they set the rate and must be comfortable with it). If you have a problem with Voom programming, you definitely should e-mail or call the programmer.

Not wanting the Voom channels is different, but you basically suggested that you're paying attention to Voom programming enough to point out their repetitive programming on some channels.

As for 'Show me how to drop Voom and keep HD with E*.', that's quite a magic act at this point in time. Feel free to show me how to get rid of Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Channel, RFDTV, SoapNet and CMT, just to list a few. It's the nature of the beast and you do have the ability to switch carriers (which may require as much if not more effort than contacting Voom about your disappointment in their programming).

Not to suggest that contacting Voom will actually result in anything, but at least you can say you tried then.

By the way, Starz (at MOST) is 12.99 a month. It is AT LEAST 10$ a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)