Dish network, no signal!

ncgrl

Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
My satelitte has been going to the "aquiring satellitte signal" message for about 3 weeks. Usually I could unplug it for 15 sec and plug it back in and would get it back. Well finally it went out Sunday for good, stuck on the aquiring satellite signal again. The tech came out yesterday and tested another receiver, nothing. He checked the postioning of the satellitte, still nothing. Finally he checked the cable under the house and found it had been chewed by something. so he replaced the cable and still got no signal on the reciever. The extra one he had worked so he left it with me. But today, once again I'm stuck on the aquiring satellitte signal. It worked for about an hour and half today and several hours last night. Since we've replaced the cable, and receiver, whatelse can it be?? I have dish 500. When I do a switch test it says no switch box installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It could be a variety of things, but since your previous technician replaced your line and your receiver, I'm going guess that your next step would be to replace your LNB at the dish. With the line chewed up, it may have sent a short to not only the receiver, but also back to your LNB and damaged that as well. Either way, I would call up Dish and ask that they send the same technician back. His work is guaranteed for at least 90 days after service.

ncgrl said:
My satelitte has been going to the "aquiring satellitte signal" message for about 3 weeks. Usually I could unplug it for 15 sec and plug it back in and would get it back. Well finally it went out Sunday for good, stuck on the aquiring satellite signal again. The tech came out yesterday and tested another receiver, nothing. He checked the postioning of the satellitte, still nothing. Finally he checked the cable under the house and found it had been chewed by something. so he replaced the cable and still got no signal on the reciever. The extra one he had worked so he left it with me. But today, once again I'm stuck on the aquiring satellitte signal. It worked for about an hour and half today and several hours last night. Since we've replaced the cable, and receiver, whatelse can it be?? I have dish 500. When I do a switch test it says no switch box installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

i had a similar experience. no signal (error code 15) all the time. dish network tech guy ( a paki )with a big dish logo on van charged me $99.99 for showing his face, $149 for a lnb, $45.00 for new wires/connectors, $75.00 for raisng dish on a 3 feet pole ( home depot cost $5.00) and kept blaming every part of the system and every tree in the neighborhood but still no signal.
in the end we found out a small grounding adaptor connected to the grounding wire on outside wall( cost less than $1.00) had burnt due to lightning or what may.
please be carefull with such scam masters

shantkhullar said:
i had a similar experience. no signal (error code 15) all the time. dish network tech guy ( a paki )with a big dish logo on van charged me $99.99 for showing his face, $149 for a lnb, $45.00 for new wires/connectors, $75.00 for raisng dish on a 3 feet pole ( home depot cost $5.00) and kept blaming every part of the system and every tree in the neighborhood but still no signal.
in the end we found out a small grounding adaptor connected to the grounding wire on outside wall( cost less than $1.00) had burnt due to lightning or what may.
please be carefull with such scam masters

This is why you dont have a subcontractor touch your system or even install it for that matter, worst case you would have payed $99 for a service call but dish would have offered you the dhpp and saved you alot of money in the long run. I know theres several subcontractors on this board so flame me all you want but Im really tired of fixing work like this by fly by nighters and unscrupulous dealers that hire these guys right out of mcdonalds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)