DISH Network Offers Chance to Watch Mets, Save Money; Non-Baseball Fans Save More

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Offers Chance to Watch Mets, Save Money; Non-Baseball Fans Save Even More

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2005--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service has unveiled a plan allowing frustrated New York-area cable customers to save money while watching Mets baseball games.

Eligible customers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and the Wilkes Barre, Pa., area who want to watch the Mets can subscribe to DISH Network for only $19.99 a month plus an extra $5 for Fox Sports Net New York and/or Madison Square Garden Network. That's a savings of $144 off the regular price over the course of a year.

DISH Network's Digital Home Advantage, which includes America's Top 60 programming package with local channels plus free installation and no hardware to buy, will cost $19.99 per month in the New York area. The plan, available through June 30, 2005, includes a one-year commitment and will appeal most to those who reject the high cost of cable and resent the extra fee for the YES Network.

DISH Network's AT 60 Plus programming package includes the channels carrying the Mets games, which are unavailable to many cable customers. The package gives DISH Network customers access to more than 90 Mets games. Additionally, subscribers will receive up to 33 Yankees games at no additional cost during the 2005 regular season on ESPN, FOX and WWOR-TV.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).
</FONT>
CONTACT: EchoStar Communications Corporation Mark Cicero, 720-514-5065 mark.cicero@echostar.com or Kelley Baca, 303-723-2012 kelley.baca@echostar.com SOURCE: EchoStar Communications Corporation​

I am not sure this helps NY customers in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and other old Empire areas that are now getting Fox Pittsburg as there RSN, even though they are in METS TV territory, where Dish does not offer METS on MSG or FSNY. This seems aimed at cable customers only, a cable customer in Syracuse may find he still cannot get METS.

I am not sure which territory besides Manhattan TWC covers. They seem to be the only one where even E* or D* will be hard to get because most are appartment buildings that will probably do not have SW view of the sky. So those people have no other option but to hang on to TWC. Other customers who have a SW view or are outside Manhatta and TWC is the provider will have not only E* but also D* as an option. D* not only offers the Mets but also the Yankees in the same territory. Outside the Manhattan territory, CVC also is available so this promotion will not make them blink.

Sean Mota said:
I am not sure which territory besides Manhattan TWC covers. They seem to be the only one where even E* or D* will be hard to get because most are appartment buildings that will probably do not have SW view of the sky. So those people have no other option but to hang on to TWC. Other customers who have a SW view or are outside Manhatta and TWC is the provider will have not only E* but also D* as an option. D* not only offers the Mets but also the Yankees in the same territory. Outside the Manhattan territory, CVC also is available so this promotion will not make them blink.

NY state does not stop at the Westchester county line.

Almost all of upstate NY is covered by Time Warner. TWC is only cable provider in most of upstate NY. Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, and hundreds of smaller communities. These places are in METS tv market and now that TWC has pulled MSG they all could potentially switch to DISH.

Marty43 said:
I am not sure this helps NY customers in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and other old Empire areas that are now getting Fox Pittsburg as there RSN, even though they are in METS TV territory, where Dish does not offer METS on MSG or FSNY. This seems aimed at cable customers only, a cable customer in Syracuse may find he still cannot get METS.

I sent an email to Mark and got a quick response.I thank him for that. It is not what I wanted to here, but here is what was said. So if you live in the old EMPIRE areas, there will be no METS for us, by way of E*.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:28 AM
To: Cicero, Mark
Subject: METS Question
Do new customers that live in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and other areas of upstate NY, that were part of the old EMPIRE RSN qualify for this?

Nor do I see any help here for current customers that live in the old EMPIRE RSN and have been put on FOX PITTSBURG where all Pirates games are blacked out. We live in NY state in METS tv territory, but can not get them through MSG network. Dish does not offer METS on MSG or FSNY in our zip codes.

Help us get the METS please.

Marty Hall( who lives in zip 13669 and can get no baseball from DISH by way of any RSN)

Ogdensburg, NY

His response:

Marty,

At this time, contractual rights prohibit us from broadcasting in certain areas, including yours.

Mark Cicero

Corporate Communications Manager

EchoStar Communications Corporation and DISH Network

(720) 514-5065

Mark.Cicero@echostar.com

News Releases

EchoStar Communications Corp. (ticker: DISH, exchange: NASDAQ Stock Exchange (.O)) News Release - 4/14/2005

Marty43 said:
NY state does not stop at the Westchester county line.

Almost all of upstate NY is covered by Time Warner. TWC is only cable provider in most of upstate NY. Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, and hundreds of smaller communities. These places are in METS tv market and now that TWC has pulled MSG they all could potentially switch to DISH.

Only thing is that if they pulled out of TWC and go to E*, they will be in the same dilemma with Yankees baseball (YES). YES is not carried by E*. It is only carried by D*. So if I were a TWC sub who is planning to change based only on the channel, I will switch to D* instead of E* because it offers both channels that I used to get with TWC.

Of course, if you do not care about YES, it is a toss up between the two.

Sean Mota said:

Don't be so quick... :)

I'm a Met fan, Mrs. Hancox is a Sawx fan, so we end up adding a ton of HD games for free on D* :)

hancox said:
Don't be so quick... :)

I'm a Met fan, Mrs. Hancox is a Sawx fan, so we end up adding a ton of HD games for free on D* :)

That's correct. I forgot about YES HD! and those games look excellent! :)

Sean Mota said:
Only thing is that if they pulled out of TWC and go to E*, they will be in the same dilemma with Yankees baseball (YES). YES is not carried by E*. It is only carried by D*. So if I were a TWC sub who is planning to change based only on the channel, I will switch to D* instead of E* because it offers both channels that I used to get with TWC.

Sean, I agree with you totally, currently Direct is a better choice, for sports fans. I might switch myself, but hate to lose my NYC and LA distant nets that I qualify for. So living in the "boonies" is good in someways but bad in others. I will be happy with the METS on WPIX

But what will happen next year when the Mets get their own channel ??!! I'm a big Mets fan and hope E* makes a deal for this new channel.

Sean Mota said:
That's correct. I forgot about YES HD! and those games look excellent! :)

You're not kidding. The game last night was probably some of the best HD I've seen in a while.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH Network Offers Chance to Watch Mets, Save Money; Non-Baseball Fans Save Even More

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2005--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service has unveiled a plan allowing frustrated New York-area cable customers to save money while watching Mets baseball games.

Eligible customers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and the Wilkes Barre, Pa., area who want to watch the Mets can subscribe to DISH Network for only $19.99 a month plus an extra $5 for Fox Sports Net New York and/or Madison Square Garden Network. That's a savings of $144 off the regular price over the course of a year.

DISH Network's Digital Home Advantage, which includes America's Top 60 programming package with local channels plus free installation and no hardware to buy, will cost $19.99 per month in the New York area. The plan, available through June 30, 2005, includes a one-year commitment and will appeal most to those who reject the high cost of cable and resent the extra fee for the YES Network.

DISH Network's AT 60 Plus programming package includes the channels carrying the Mets games, which are unavailable to many cable customers. The package gives DISH Network customers access to more than 90 Mets games. Additionally, subscribers will receive up to 33 Yankees games at no additional cost during the 2005 regular season on ESPN, FOX and WWOR-TV.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).
</FONT>
CONTACT: EchoStar Communications Corporation Mark Cicero, 720-514-5065 mark.cicero@echostar.com or Kelley Baca, 303-723-2012 kelley.baca@echostar.com SOURCE: EchoStar Communications Corporation​
Scott do you know if this is for new customers only, or can existing customers take advantage of the offer? I have the AT60 package now with locals for $31.99, and I live in the NY metro area.

Scott Greczkowski said:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2005--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service has unveiled a plan allowing frustrated New York-area cable customers to save money while watching Mets baseball games.​
What about a plan for frustrated upstate or western New York State Dish customers who want to save money and watch Mets baseball games? Not to mention a plan for all New York Dish customers who don't care about saving money and just want to see Yankees games? :D

Dish ---> kettle ---> black.​

Boy I wish I could call up and get rid of the FSN NY and MSG and save $5. The Mets suck and so do the Knicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts