DISH Network Offers Sporting News Interactive TV Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Offers Sporting News Interactive TV Channel

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. --(Business Wire)-- July 4, 2005 -- EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today the addition of the Sporting News TV channel to DISH Network's interactive TV line-up. DISH Network viewers can track their favorite players, teams and match-ups through the new channel, available for no charge through "dish home's" Ch. 100.

The Sporting News channel covers headline news, scores, standings and statistics for seven sports: National Football League, Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, and NCAA football and basketball.

"Sporting News combines DISH Network interactive channels -- My Scores, Baseball, Pro Football, College Football and College Hoops -- into one convenient stop for all your sporting needs," said Susan Arnold, vice president of Programming for DISH Network.

"For over 120 years, passionate sports fans have grown to trust the experts of Sporting News Radio, Magazine, and online," said Jason Kint, vice president and General Manager of SportingNews.com. "We are excited to bring the unique, in-depth opinions of Sporting News to DISH Network customers."

The Sporting News channel was developed by OpenTV Corp. (Nasdaq:OPTV) utilizing its ITV middleware technology. DISH Network customers with the following OpenTV-enabled receivers can see the Sporting News channel: Model 3900, 4900, DISH 301D, 301E, 111, 311, 322, DISH Player - DVR 501, 508, 510, 522, 721, DISH 811 and DISH Player - DVR 921 and 942.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest-growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 800-333-DISH (3474).

About Sporting News

Sporting News is a multi-media sports company and a division of Vulcan Sports Media, Inc. Positioned as "The Experts' Choice," SN's content is available through a weekly magazine, Sporting News Radio, owned and operated radio stations, and SportingNews.com. The company is the category-leading sports book publisher and engaged in various wireless and ITV initiatives. Sporting News magazine, for the second consecutive year, was selected by Adweek magazine to its "hot list" in March 2005. Sporting News is the nation's original sports publication, having debuted in 1886.

TBarclay said:
I'm excited. I didn't know my 921 got Dish Home and Open TV!
Hey I did not even notice that when I posted the press release this morning. :D

BTW the 921 will get Open TV and Dish Home in the next release, which I hear is about 2 months out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)