DIsh Network Olympic Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is some information on Dish Networks upcoming Olympic Coverage, including information on NBC Olympic Showcase which is a special Interactive Channel from Dish Network! (Remember where you read this first, at SatelliteGuys!) :D

The following channels will be in free access from August 11, 2004 - August 30, 2004:

USA (Ch. 105)
Bravo (Ch. 129)
Telemundo (Ch. 835)
MSNBC (Ch. 209)
CNBC (Ch. 208)

New Interactive Channel: NBC Olympic Showcase
To Access:

Go directly to channel 147 and press Select when a trigger is shown

Or go to The Sports Portal on DISH Home

Or Select the large banner on DISH Home

Or Press Select from any one of the NBC channels when a trigger is shown

Description:
With the help of NBC, the only network to cover the 2004 Olympics, we present the NBC Olympic Showcase. The main screen will be divided into six picture-in-picture features: Daily Olympic Highlights (NBC), MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, USA, and Telemundo; allowing audiences to view unprecedented coverage on any of NBC's networks at any one time. The viewer can switch to full-screen view of any channel by selecting that specific channel.

All 5 NBC channels, the daily highlight channel, and TVGuide will be put into free access from 8/11 through 8/30. This resolves any issues of channels being inaccessible due to channel packaging. Once customers have found the Olympic Showcase they can navigate through the 6 different pictures and 3 different buttons by using their arrow or number keys on the remote. The audio will follow the navigation. If the customer selects one of the channels it will take them to a full screen view of that channel. While in full screen mode there will be an icon that pops every 10 minutes to let the customer know to press Select to get back to the Olympic Showcase. The TVGuide notification will work the same way but have a scrolling ticker to notify the customer to press Select to get back to the Olympic Showcase.

Receivers:

Available on the: 3900, 4900, 111, 301, 311, 322, 522
NOT available on the: 501, 508, 510, 721, 811

Technical:

While in full screen mode, only the system keys will work (i.e. recall, info, view, cancel, etc.). The arrow keys, number keys, and DVR keys will NOT function until the customer completely exits the Olympic Showcase application.

Press Select at anytime to go back to the Showcase.

If a customer exits the application to go directly to one of the NBC channels, the DVR Reverse will only work back to when the channel was tuned.

More Olympic News as we have it from SatelliteGuys!

this is going to be sweet. to bad i have a 811 for the main room. maybe i will run an extra wire and bring one of my secondary receivers out.

Same here - 2 508s, 921 and 6000. That's OK, though...I'll be watching the HD feeds pretty exclusively anyway.

I wish I knew, when OpenTV was first announced they made it sound like it was Java, where each program ran the same on all platforms.

Obviously thats NOT the case.

I wonder if Dish and NBC will make Telemundo Available to all during the Olympics? If you don't have Dish Latino, will the showcase only have 5 PIP windows?

Also, whats up with the 5xx series not having the showcase channel?

Cyclone said:
I wonder if Dish and NBC will make Telemundo Available to all during the Olympics? If you don't have Dish Latino, will the showcase only have 5 PIP windows?

Also, whats up with the 5xx series not having the showcase channel?

Read the original post to this thread. It says that Telemundo will be in free access to all subscribers during the period. It lists the channel number (835). I don't think you have to have the silly showcase stuff to access the channels, just enter them on your remote.

yeah to bad Scott didn't post that LoL ;)

The following channels will be in free access from August 11, 2004 - August 30, 2004:

USA (Ch. 105)
Bravo (Ch. 129)
Telemundo (Ch. 835)
MSNBC (Ch. 209)
CNBC (Ch. 208)

Yawn! Where's the HD coverage? I guess I can get it from my local NBC affiliate (KCRA DT 03-01) when it's available. I was hoping (it seems against hope) that DN would add Bravo-HD to their lineup for the O's. Just too much to be hopeful for, I suppose. :no

BravoHD+ is not ready for primetime yet. If you look at the schedule, it has very limited appeal. Ask the Voomies and they'll tell ya that Bravo-HD+ is near the bottom of their content lists. This is even up against their array of "loop" channels.

On AVSForum, I'll have to look for the link later, they have an interesting article on BravoHD being redone by NBC to show HD shows from USA and SciFi. If it pans out, it would be a cool channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts