Dish Network on a 4K tv

Ugh Best Buy...... Agree on the Vizio. Was gonna buy a 2016 4K set but the no tuner and viziocast feature steered me away to a Samsung...

HDR will be the standard of the industry.....If its an option, that would be one of the things I would be looking for.

Just an FYI when you get an 4K UHDTV with HDR then you will need a 4K UHD Blu ray player,if you like Blu ray movies those are the ones for $30. each.

Also at the latest report both Samsung and Sony only support HDR10 and not Dolby Vision,where LG and Vizio will support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

I just purchased a Samsung KS8000 55 inch 4K TV and for whatever reason when I get rather close to the screen, it looks grainy. I see things around lettering and even faces kind of look distorted at times.. I haven't changed any settings but I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Seems like the 40 inch Samsung KU6300 I had looked better and there is no way that should be the case. I mean this picture is bright and vivid but it just looks off to me. I just got Dish in December and I have the Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys.

I just purchased a Samsung KS8000 55 inch 4K TV and for whatever reason when I get rather close to the screen, it looks grainy. I see things around lettering and even faces kind of look distorted at times.. I haven't changed any settings but I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Seems like the 40 inch Samsung KU6300 I had looked better and there is no way that should be the case. I mean this picture is bright and vivid but it just looks off to me. I just got Dish in December and I have the Hopper 3 and 4K Joeys.
Well you should definitely try a Calibrate the new TV for sure.
Even if you just do it in the TVs menu settings.

But quite a few of us have similar complaints on our 55 inch+ tvs.
A Couple solutions I did with my 60 Inch Vizio and my 55 inch Samsung first, I turned the
Contrast down to 75-80 on both,
Back light 65 on Vizio.

Samsung
Back Light 13
Sharp 35
Color 50
Bright 45
and I switched the Hopper3 to 720p, and that helped take out more of the motion blur/judder and cleaned much of the screen door grainy look.

I've seen a few others do similar settings, and thats where my information comes from.
I moved my Hopper3 from my Vizio, but the PQ was worse on the Samsung, so I moved it back to the Vizio.

My Samsung I believe is the 6300 model also 1080p
My Vizio is 2015 M series the last of the 1080p models.
https://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m2i-b-series/specs/

Last edited:
It's funny to me that you buy a 4k tv to get better picture quality and it seems to have to make all kinds of adjustments and compromises to get the picture quality to look as good as the hd tv you had before it. I have had two 4k tvs in the last two months: Philips and a Vizio. The Philips tv was too dark and you had no middle ground between the ambient light sensor and turning it off. You had either too dark or too bright. The color settings with the Philips and the HDR settings on were to garish and looked odd and not natural at all. The Vizio tv has been better for the right brightness ,but I had to do research online to figure out the right settings and what each setting did , so I could turn off the stuff that made my tv too grainy and washed out. I finally have settled on a picture setting that I can live with. I also upgraded my a/v receiver to 4k and my blu ray player with 4k. But in the end, I still think that 4k hasn't been all it was supposed to be. I don't really see that much difference except the tv picture looks a little sharper. I am looking forward to 8k in about 3 years and see what , if any difference there is between it and 4k.

My Samsung 4K 9000 model so far Dish has looked fine so there should be no issues on the TV side of the things just make sure you use good HDMI Cables and make sure on a Samsung to Turn Off Auto Motion Plus. Which seems to give the content the Soap Opera effect also I have not really jacked with configuration of the TV because so far it seems to look really good as far as the PQ goes. I tend to watch most of my content on Standard Mode or Movie if your watching a Movie but even then sometimes I just leave it on Standard Mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts