This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish Network Petition

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok this is the last straw that broak the camels back. Im starting a pition from dishnetworks lies. whos in on me with this. Im tired of lies that dish is promased with mpg 4 and hd. Charlie clearley stated that this tech chat would focus on mpg 4 and hd. Did it NO!! let me be the first to sign my name as I will go to cable or directv before I pay charlie another dime.

I PLEDGE

1 monthly bill of 125 dollars Of AMERICAS EVERYTHING PACK + HD +VOOM + SUPERS + SPORTS PACKAGE to comcast.

LETS MAKE THIS THING LIKE HOW WE DID WITH THE SUPER FAN PACKAGE AND SHOW DISH WE HAVE A VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS A TOTAL OF 1500 BUCKS A YEAR THAT WILL NOT BE IN CHARLIES POCKET!

LOL, yea, good luck with that. I for one don't have that complaint, so go forth and pay more for less. I'm good to go for now. I'm happy paying for what I have signed up for. I feel like I am getting a good deal and am very happy to say so. Maybe someday it will be different, but for now I will just say thanks Charlie for giving me the alternative to cable at a better price and except for LogoTV, all the channels I want.
I guess the difference between you and me is that for me, tv doesn't rule my world, my pocket book, or my life.

No MPEG-4 or HD talk on the chat. Sorry guys, I'm taking my ball and going home.

Slamminc11 said:
I guess the difference between you and me is that for me, tv doesn't rule my world, my pocket book, or my life.

That's alot of assumptions to make and I don't believe anyone who is looking for what was promised is being ruled by their tv. Charter in my area is almost 1:1 with Dish on price and offers true "on-demand" and local HD, the only reason I am still with Dish is the hope that in the future (near future) they will come through on some of these promises and my investment in my own equipment. If they don't start producing by years end it's time for charter when they start their promotions in this area for satellite customers.

I'm moving next month and have the choice of cable or going back to Dish (I currently have TW cable - switched last year for the HD content). The results of tonight's tech chat have cemented my decision. I'm going with cable. For a very similar price I can get HD-DVR box, 16-20 HD channels, VOD (video-on-demand) with thousands of hours of programming (for free!), no upfront fees, free installation (and a great deal on broadband - but I digress as that no longer compares "apples to apples"). I figure that perhaps in a year or so, I'll see where the sat companies are and reevaluate then (who knows, maybe by then they still won't be talking about MPEG4 Sorry, couldn't resist...).

I'm not participating in this. I am very, very happy with DISH Network and have absolutely no plans to switch or sign any petitions. Frankly, I think it's a bit absurd to start freaking out just because they didn't discuss MPEG4 on the Tech Chat. It may be irritating but that's life.

The only sound E* will hear is the sound of money going elsewhere.

Compare your choices. Look at what they have NOW (and what hardware you already own). Forget the promices of a future Shangra La.

Then, take your money to whomever serves you best.

I support Goalie and his angry towards dish management. That chat was a joke. The fact that they actually read our thread asking what we wanted them to talk about (scott has proof they read it), and then IGNORED everything we asked for, is a slap in the face.

Dish is focused on signing up as many rural no cable tv option viewers as possible. You know, the ones that call into tech chats with remote control questions......

I know folks are frustrated by the lack of information provided on MPEG-4, the D1000, HD etc. but I think the reason for this is because Dish releases its 2nd quarter earnings tomorrow August 9th and will conduct a conference call I believe at noon ET. I believe there is a required blackout period on this type of forward looking information. This was just bad coordination on Dish's part which is not an excuse but the reality of how Dish often operates or doesn't operate as the case maybe. Hopefully some information on these subjects will be provided at tomorrow's conference call.

i just ordered comcast.. i really hate to leave dish.. really dont want to but this is rediculus. I do love dishes cheap prices and highdef service but when you promase coustomers something time after time and dont follow through on it, it just shows what you are truly after. Dish needs a wake up call and they need to face the fact that they need to listen to there coustomers and not take them forgranted. We make up dish network. Not Charles ergen. If it wasnt for US charlie would have nothing. Take care of your damm coustomers charlie.... and we will take care of you. The reason why im leaving is not because of pq issues, or anything to do with service.. Its the lies that comes from the CEO of the company. Who wants to do buisness with a perpitual lier. Not i any more. we all have a choice as i have said here many times. I have made my choice to go back to cable untill dish gets there act together. In 6 month i may revaulate my options and see what options i have at that time.. Dish does have a good product line but a good product line will not keep coustomers if the buisness practices of a company isnt up to par. Just because im leaving dishnetwork as a service provider doent mean that i wont hang around here anymore. I still want to help out who ever needs help here. Im still a satellite techie with a fta system.. After all i am leaving my dish up for gq perposes. Right now i just think i have nothing to gain anymore if i stay with dish.

I agree with chad. So what they didn't talk about mpeg4 :shocked
Charlie has lied before so what else is new. I have Dish and I like the price.
I install both E* and D* and dish has a good deal, oh yeah and I have cable here if I want. TV is TV, Mpeg4, Mpeg2 or analog OTA its TV.
You don't like one provider go to the other if it don't suit you.
It all boils down to the same argument:
Provider A has this, but not that
Provider B has that, but not this
Provider C has some of this and some of that

And for those of you who are really pissed at charlie, how many times has direct TV or Voom(when they were going), or cable lied about when they were going to do something, like a new channel or a new service.

They all talk and make promises, and I agree charlie really messed this one up, but if its going to cause you to lose sleep, you need to get a grip on life.

Also like someone here already said, if TV rules your life, and if you hate E* now go some where else.

As a final thought however, Scott had(has) a thread going to what you want them to talk about on the tech chat. It was mostly among other things MPEG4 I guess they forgot to read the thread before the show.

stick with us... they (E*) piss me and most other subs too off but ... D*does me also and I'm sure cable would too...I've learned over the years... had BUD everything was free, then HBO and VC2 compromissed that... It's life, the domino effect

Gee, calm down a bit. I'm not disagreeing yet with your decision to leave E*, but you're doing it rashly, a few hours after a stupid Tech Chat that didn't go your way? At least wait until the earnings conference call tommorow. There's usually some good stuff in them.

i don't blame you, i just made an early cancell with D*,i have only been with dish for a couple of weeks,i don't have HD ,but a lie is a lie, and when i catch them in one i will do the same as you and the samething i did with D* and
i will go back to cable,it seems to me that both D* and dish are getting to big
for there pants,you seen what happened to adelphia's ceo .

HokieEngineer said:
...That chat was a joke. The fact that they actually read our thread asking what we wanted them to talk about (scott has proof they read it), and then IGNORED everything we asked for, is a slap in the face.......

Yes, because we all know that this site is the be all end all for Dish Network execs to find out how the "real" Dish customer thinks. 97%+ of Dish customers don't know and dare I say don't care that this site is up and running. 10 people leaving Dish because they didn't listen and read a thread on a website is beyond ridiculous, but to each his own. For those of us who didn't waste our time last nite watching or paying attention to the "chat" I guess got a nice restful nites sleep not freaking out because they didn't mention MPEG4 or more HD channels or whatever they said they would do and didn't. Face it folks there are 11 million customers like me and a handful of customers like you. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you techies have your toys and gadgets and such. But for the other 11 million of us dish customers, we are just glad to have service that is less expensive and gives us (for the most part) the channels we want and a product (for me anyway) that has held up and not given me any problems. Take your money and run, but lets face it, even if 1,000 of you left because of some lie, 2,000 will be signed up by next week for the less expensive product and for the fact the they were screwed by one of the other providers.

HokieEngineer said:
...Dish is focused on signing up as many rural no cable tv option viewers as possible. You know, the ones that call into tech chats with remote control questions......

I guess that is the point isn't it? Signing up as many customers period. It's about something that is called the bottom line. Dish is in a race, a race to be the #1 satellite/cable provider in the country, and the way to do that is by signing up customers. Dish as always seen itself as the rural provider. That along with international programming is their bread and butter. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay. But if you thinking that you leaving will make a dent, for every one that leaves two or more sign on (the reason they are getting close to 12 million customers in 10 years).