Dish Network price hike a reality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Check your current Dish Network bill. They didn't wait til 2005.

I got my bill today and it went from $84.99 to $87.99 :down
Plus $4.99 extra RCVR fee + tax.

Total $98.63

I have: Digital Home Plan, Almost Everything Pak with locals.
I paid my HD a year in advance. Phew!

D*TV is looking better and better all the time.

Dang, if thats the case and that was not an error then how does Dish expect to win with their new advertising campaign and about how cable increases their prices like they do? Thats a pretty hefty price increase. If they try to do this to me then I will just drop my programming way back, perhaps no movie packages or just one of them. I may do this anyways.

I have a 522 and was a tester a few weeks ago. Since they had screwed up the box (and normal TV viewing), I got my bill yesterday and they'd cut us a $25 credit.
Looks like not EVERYONE's bill is going up (yet)!! :p

I just checked my billing and it remained exactly the same as last month. My billing cycle brings me up to 1-21-05. Actually, it is higher, but it is because it is time to add in my HD annual and my program guide. When I subtracted those costs, the billing is exactly the same.

I did notice that my taxes were exactly $3 however. Did they just add State Tax in your State?

Bizzach said:
I have a 522 and was a tester a few weeks ago. Since they had screwed up the box (and normal TV viewing), I got my bill yesterday and they'd cut us a $25 credit.
See SatelliteGuys saves oour members money again. :D

I checked my bill, which arrived yesterday (Autopay) and there was no change, I have Top 120, 2 extra receivers, 2 distants and HD pack -- $57.96

This is definitely an increase in service fees.

See scans of my Oct -vs- Dec bill. I haven't changed my services.

Attachments

• octbill.gif
    octbill.gif
    43.9 KB · Views: 405
  • decbill.gif
    decbill.gif
    46.1 KB · Views: 427
Bizzach said:
I was exempt from this testing phase. Seems as though they were scared my 921 would load the same software as the 522 even though my 921 has NEVER been connected to the phone line.

You are now 5 dollars over the everything pack that users pay that have their own
equipment. I thought this was normal with the Dish Home. Were you locked in prior to last year's rate hike of 3 dollars?

Your $98.63 bill is right by 2004 prices AE pak is $82.99 plus $5 for the lease fee on DHP. Why your previous bill was less is known only to DISH but your new bill is correct and does not show any 2005 price increase. By any chance did you just reach a 1 Yr. anniversary of becoming a DISH customer? DISH gave price protection on 1 year contracts which you had as a new DHP customer.

Mark_AR said:
This is definitely an increase in service fees.

See scans of my Oct -vs- Dec bill. I haven't changed my services.

What I am interested in, is how you have two DVR VOD fees of $0 when your signature says you have a 921 and 522. Those should be costing $10 additional?

Pepper said:
What I am interested in, is how you have two DVR VOD fees of $0 when your signature says you have a 921 and 522. Those should be costing $10 additional?

There is no DVR VOD fee if you have the America's Everything Pack.

nuts4scuba said:
You are now 5 dollars over the everything pack that users pay that have their own equipment. I thought this was normal with the Dish Home. Were you locked in prior to last year's rate hike of 3 dollars?
I agree. It looks like last February's price increase finally hit him.

It's just the standard $82.99 AEP plus $5 for DHA. $87.99 like many have been paying almost all year.

JL

nuts4scuba said:
There is no DVR VOD fee if you have the America's Everything Pack.

Duh... I missed the actual description, was looking only at the numbers. Was hoping I had found a "loophole" to crawl thru.

If you dont do the annual renewal but choose to pay monthly instead you will get hit with another price increase in a few months if they increase the price of AEP.

Yup, it looks like his "price protection" ran out. It is still cheaper than the cable or D* equivalents......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts