Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just a few programming announcements from Dish Network.

FREE PREVIEW SHOWROOM
The following Channels will be the Free Preview Channels in the Free Preview Showroomfor February.

Bravo 282
Great American Country 283
We (Women’s Entertainment) 284
De Pelicula Clasico 285

HD PPV Pricing
Dish will be dropping the price of its HD pay per view movies from $5.99 to $4.99 effective February 1st.

Rumor Alert
There is a rumor that we could be seeing a few new channels as of February 1st. Whats coming? Stay Tuned!

What's the rumourd channels Scott? Any worth it if you know of any channel.Any channels were all clamoring for?I know you said no to HD but are you sure?

Well one of the last E-mail's I got said that the RSN's would be coming very soon.

Hallmark Movies "should" be one of them.

No word on A&E HD yet and honestly this one is no loss if it dont get flipped on for awhile.

I do want to see RSN's (which is why I asked the RSN HD question at CES to Charlie) however I would like to see them move them from MPEG2 to MPEG4 then load up a transponder so they can air all the games instead of the pick and choose plan they were going to use.

Yeah, at this point I would hope that there are not any new channels that are added in MPEG2 (with ViP headers). Put 6 of these things on a TP and lets go! :D

BTW for some reason A&E HD is in MPEG2 (but only available to VIP receivers) in addition I am told that the resolution is 1280 x 1080 which puts it in the VOOM range of PQ. (But not that it matters I have yet to see any HD on it anyways) (I get it from AT&T U-VERSE)

Yeah that might not be bad. But we will see right now there really not that many new ""National HD Channels"" to add. I know about A&E maybe MTV but I don't know of any other ones right off top of my head. I think History channel might have one coming out soon but I don't think any other one's will be out until later this fall. That is if network gets their HD Version of their channel up 1st.

I think I would like MHD. My only exposure was a few hours over the holidays when I was at my parents house (Comcast) and there were some great live shows in the guide that I would love to watch. I've heard (from other people than Scott) that A&EHD is totally worthless right now. Which stinks because it seems like it could really have some good content. Kinda like Universal HD. There is the potential there for some great movies, but I haven't found much that interests me.

It is really about time for the Halmark Movies channel. I know that my wife will like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)