Dish Network Questions From Newbie Member

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Donald Sutcliffe

Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
I currently have a SuperDish antenna with (2) Dish 322 dual receivers in my house. I am pleased with Dish network except for the 30 minute lost of signal during a thunderstorm. This prevents me from viewing local weather station radar coverage.
Question 1! Can changing the Dish system antenna or receivers eliminate this problem?

Question2! I am planning to be a Winter Texan this year and want to use one of my Dish 322 receivers with a new Dish antenna. What is the best antenna to buy right now, considering I am planning to upgrade to HDTV in the future? I currently have purchased a Bullseye Antenna Mount for my RV, but I think it is only compatible with Dish 1000 antenna and not the SuperDish.

q 1: no there is nothing you can do about weather fade outs.
Q 2: if you will use a 322 then dish 500 wold be just fine

I currently have a SuperDish antenna with (2) Dish 322 dual receivers in my house. I am pleased with Dish network except for the 30 minute lost of signal during a thunderstorm. This prevents me from viewing local weather station radar coverage.
Question 1! Can changing the Dish system antenna or receivers eliminate this problem?

How about connecting an OTA antenna? I have one and used a splitter so I could connect it right to my TV in addition to my receiver. That way I can switch to it in times like that. It came in handy shortly after I did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)