Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® FIRST TV PROVIDER TO LAUNCH ALL THREE UNIVISION NETWORKS IN HD

Provides the Only Complete High Definition Lineup of 2010 FIFA World CupTM Coverage in Spanish Nationwide

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – May 12, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., America’s fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today became the first and only company to launch all three Univision networks in HD – Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD. DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa. Univision HD and TeleFutura HD are available today and Galavisión HD arrives in early June.

“Since day one, DISH Network has been committed to delivering the very best in Latino programming, and we’re proud to offer three of the top Spanish-language networks in high definition just in time for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Our customers will not only get access to live 2010 FIFA World Cup™ games in HD on Univision and TeleFutura, but also they’ll get primetime replays of games on Galavisión, HD, available nationally in June only on DISH Network.”

“Our mission is to provide viewers with the highest-quality information and entertainment, and this partnership significantly helps to put our Spanish-language programming and category-leading 2010 FIFA World Cup™ coverage in front of an audience that wants to enjoy the best Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD has to offer,” said Tonia O’Connor, executive vice president, distribution sales and marketing, Univision Communications. “The availability of our portfolio of networks in HD speaks to DISH Network’s commitment to Hispanic audiences.”

Univision HD, TeleFutura HD and Galavisión HD, owned by Univision Communications, Inc., are the leading Spanish-language programming destinations for U.S. Hispanics. Univision is the No. 1 Spanish-language network in the U.S. and is the exclusive, Spanish-language home to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. TeleFutura ranks second among all Spanish-language networks in key dayparts and will also show live 2010 FIFA World Cup™ games. Galavisión is the top Spanish-language cable network, and will feature primetime replays of 2010 FIFA World Cup™ matches along with specially-produced content, providing viewers with the most complete 2010 FIFA World Cup™ experience.

For more information on how to subscribe, visit DISH LATINO or call 1-888-599-DISH.

I would be pretty funny if Direct beat them to the punch on the launching of GalavisióHD and this press release was then referenced in latino targeted advertising by Direct. But, it's sounds like Dish may have some sort of exclusivity with Galavisión (based on the wording in the announcement).

"DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa." - Scott, do you know when the local Uni and Telefutura launches will take place? Checking on the Uplink, all they did was to launch the national Uni and Telefutura. Uni and Telefutura in NYC metro are in HD. That said, to me provided that I can watch the World Cup in HD, I don't care whether I'll watch it on the local or national Uni and Telefutura feeds....

"DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa." - Scott, do you know when the local Uni and Telefutura launches will take place? Checking on the Uplink, all they did was to launch the national Uni and Telefutura. Uni and Telefutura in NYC metro are in HD. That said, to me provided that I can watch the World Cup in HD, I don't care whether I'll watch it on the local or national Uni and Telefutura feeds....

There on Now! You need an all Western Arch or Eastern Arch setup. 119,110,61.5 doesnt cut it any more! Get your dish upgraded!

Edit: No word on local launches, for now you have the national feeds :)

There on Now! You need an all Western Arch or Eastern Arch setup. 119,110,61.5 doesnt cut it any more! Get your dish upgraded!

Edit: No word on local launches, for now you have the national feeds :)

Pretty sure it is Arc not arch ;)

all they did was to launch the national Uni and Telefutura. Uni and Telefutura in NYC metro are in HD.

You won't get your local Univision and Telefutura channel in HD. Most markets already have those two in HD but it's like asking for the local PBS in HD. Let's be thankful that at least they launched the national feeds before the World Cup. :)

Like I said, to me, the National HD feeds are more than enough - I was only quoting Dish's own statement, which claimed the following:
"DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup"
I guess a better statement would have been "Dish Network WILL launch ...."

Like I said, to me, the National HD feeds are more than enough - I was only quoting Dish's own statement, which claimed the following:
"DISH Network is also launching Univision and TeleFutura local stations in HD to deliver the most complete high definition coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup"
I guess a better statement would have been "Dish Network WILL launch ...."

Well maybe this is something that will happen with some of the new spotbeams available on E-14. More DMAs getting CW, PBS and local Univision and TeleFutura.

Even if this happens slower than Dish seems to be indicating, at least they are moving in the right direction on this front.

Told my mother to watch the new hd channels instead of the sd ones, but then within a few hours she starts calling me that her show is not on and since I took the sd ones out of the guide she cant find it. Come to see that TeleFutura is the West coast feed which i find odd, so my mother will keep watching the sd feed for that channel at least. Haven t seen anything in hd yet, but does look better.

You won't get your local Univision and Telefutura channel in HD. Most markets already have those two in HD but it's like asking for the local PBS in HD. Let's be thankful that at least they launched the national feeds before the World Cup. :)

Actually, the bill that passed Congress today requires that Dish add local PBS channels in HD (half by the end of this year, the other half by the end of next year).

Given this press release, it means that Dish has come to an agreement with Univision for pricing on all their local affiliate HD channels.

As previously mentioned in this thread, Dish will have more space on spot beams in many local areas due to E*14 reaching 119.

Dish has held off on adding PBS and Univision HD channels more due to a lack of agreements than space, especially in the case of Univision, since they have far fewer number of channels in HD at this point.

So, I would expect to see all the Univision local HD channels on Dish by June 11th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)