DISH Network® Launches First-of-its-Kind “Eurochannel”

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network® Launches First-of-its-Kind “Eurochannel” to Offer Customers the Best in European Programming

Eurochannel, the first TV channel entirely dedicated to European content in the U.S., available to DISH Network customers April 30th

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., PARIS & MIAMI – April 30, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), a leading U.S. satellite-TV service provider, announces today that it will now offer “Eurochannel”. Eurochannel is the first and only channel airing an extensive selection of movies from all over Europe, as well as the best in European music, popular television series and original productions. All programs will be broadcast in original audio with English subtitles.

Eurochannel will be available at no additional cost in DISH Network’s French Bouquet programming package, available for only $19.99 per month. DISH Network customers can also add Eurochannel to any existing foreign-language TV package for an extra $9.99 per month.

“We are delighted to partner with DISH Network in order to introduce the quality European programming of the Eurochannel to U.S. viewers,” said Gustavo Vainstein, President and CEO of the Eurochannel. “From now on, DISH Network customers will be able to enjoy the best of European movies, television shows and documentaries all available on Eurochannel.”

“At DISH Network, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest-quality international channels,” said Tracy West, Vice President of International Programming for DISH Network. “As our most recent addition to our international channel line-up, we’re thrilled to bring the unique selection of European programming to the U.S., allowing our customers to experience a modern, yet real Europe, right in the comfort of their own homes.”

DISH Network currently offers more than 140 international channels in more than 25 different languages. Customers can contact DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or their local retailer for more information on how to subscribe to DISH Network. To learn more about DISH Network’s international programming offers, visit DISH Network -- Home.

Sigh. I might be interested in that. For a buck or two a month. Any idea what they'd charge an AT250 customer? Would I have to pop for the $20 or another international pkg? Which sat does it come in on?

This sounds like something I'd be interested in too, but probably not for $10 per month, and not if I have to pay for non-subtitled channels also. It would be nice if they'd put it on preview for a while so people could decide though.

LOL. Who are you kidding, John? Now that they have USA HD and Sci-Fi HD, they really ARE what their 1-800 number says every time I call: "The leader in HD programming and DVR service." I laugh every time I call and hear that line. And I thought politicians were BS'ers.

If DISH is so internationally oriented, then where are BBC World, CNN International, Radio France International TV, Deutsche Welle, and CBC?:mad:

Deutche Welle is on 118.7 channel 725, you can get it in the German Pack. Would like the others as well but that one they do have.

They should offer a "Europackage" for $9.99 for *anyone* to buy, with EuroNews & Eurochannel. Ideally, they could also throw in DW-TV since it can't possibly be costing Dish that much. (And DW-TV does quite a bit of its news from a broadly "European" angle, not just "German.")

They should offer a "Europackage" for $9.99 for *anyone* to buy, with EuroNews & Eurochannel. Ideally, they could also throw in DW-TV since it can't possibly be costing Dish that much. (And DW-TV does quite a bit of its news from a broadly "European" angle, not just "German.")
FYI...Link TV (ch9410) airs Journal from DW-TV like 25 times a week. I get Euronews for $1.99 month (and i have HD-Only pack). Euronews is on 3 channels 784, 900, and 901. -same video, but on 784 and 901, you can switch to alternate audio languages, which is kinda cool for German, French, etc speakers.

If DISH is so internationally oriented, then where are BBC World, CNN International, Radio France International TV, Deutsche Welle, and CBC?:mad:
Agreed!

I get Euronews for $1.99 month (and i have HD-Only pack).
Interesting. I tried to add it, they told me that my AT250+HD wasn't good enough, I had to have qualifying International programming before I could add Euronews. Ah well.

Thanks for sharing that experience. Saves me from going thru the same ordeal.

FYI...Link TV (ch9410) airs Journal from DW-TV like 25 times a week. I get Euronews for $1.99 month (and i have HD-Only pack). Euronews is on 3 channels 784, 900, and 901. -same video, but on 784 and 901, you can switch to alternate audio languages, which is kinda cool for German, French, etc speakers.

I'm aware of the Link TV airings. Actually, I watch quite a bit of Link TV and FSTV. Also, the Documentary Channel.

I used to have Euronews for $1.99/month, but when I added Penny Cinemax, they told me that I could not have both on my account. Cinemax won. I found I really didn't watch Euronews that much, and it's mostly a rolling news format, so it seemed somewhat repetitious. I did enjoy seeing the segment with the front pages of the various European newspapers. I think I can watch DW News on Link TV and get about as good of a European news roundup as Euronews provided.

(BTW, to get Euronews without a qualifying international package, call and talk to the tech support dept, which is answered in USA and generally very competent. They were not even sure if I could get Euronews at first, since I only have 61.5/110/119, but after doing some research, it became clear to them that Euronews English audio was indeed available at 61.5, so they turned it on for me.)

FWIW, IMO, after a review of the Eurochannel website http://www.eurochannel.com/web/EurochannelUSA/homeusa - I don't think it's really worth $9.99/month by itself. I would try it for $1.99/month. Part of the problem is that a lot of the series they carry in other countries are already licensed by BBC America or other networks here. It might be worth it for a foreign film fan, however. Seems like the US Eurochannel will rely primarily on cinema to fill its schedule.

Interesting. I tried to add it, they told me that my AT250+HD wasn't good enough, I had to have qualifying International programming before I could add Euronews. Ah well.
Weird. Its ala carte...CSR roulette, it appears. I had no trouble adding it to HD Only pack. I get it off of 118.7 (and its on 61.5). Are you pointing at either of those? Also, have you checked out Journal on Link TV? I know its only a 30 min show a few times a day, but similar to BBC World News. 1x Monday night and 4x Tuesday-Friday, 1x Sat morning, IIRC. A bit of a German focus, but lots of world news.

Link: DISH Network -- International

I may be interested in getting this channel (wife is French), but I can't find it anywhere in the guide. I currently have TV5 on channel 606 through the 61.5 satellite. I have 110 / 119 / 61.5. I also could not find EuroNews listed on 900 or 901. Are these channels available through 61.5? If not, how would I get 118.7? I have two dishes hooked to the house. One points to 61.5 and the other points to 110 and 119 I believe. I also just checked the system info and see that I have LNB Drift detected at 61.5. It was -6 one time and -5 the next. Would that cause the problem and will they fix it for free?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts