Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® LAUNCHES THE HISTORY CHANNEL EN ESPAÑOL™

First National Provider to Carry The History Channel en español™

New York, NY and Englewood, Colo. – January 31, 2008 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced the January 30 launch of The History Channel en español™ on its DishLATINO platform. DishLATINO, with more Hispanic customers than any other cable or satellite TV provider in the U.S., now offers customers 37 Spanish-language channels.

“The History Channel en español provides Latino consumers an unmatched window into their history and culture, with a rich perspective that is unique on the television landscape,” said David Zagin, executive vice president of Distribution at A&E Television Networks. “We are delighted to be partnering with DISH Network, one of the nation’s largest multichannel TV providers and a leader when it comes to delivering their Hispanic audience a rich and robust offering of quality programming.”

“DISH Network is pleased to offer The History Channel en español, with its unique schedule of quality programming tailored to the Latino audience,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “This will have a broad appeal for all Latinos, providing subscribers with a unique and compelling reason to select our DishLATINO programming.”

The History Channel en español will offer DishLATINO customers the best of The History Channel together with programming that centers around Latino roots and culture. In addition, the network will premiere a special schedule of programming, starting in February, to help celebrate the launch of The History Channel en español on DISH Network. This includes a week of Mexican-themed programming, leading into the two-hour premiere of “The Mexican Revolution” on Sunday, Feb. 24.

The launch programming lineup follows below:

Feb. 10 at 9-10 p.m. EST – Tsunami 2004: Waves of Death (Premiere)

Feb. 17 at 7-8 p.m. EST – Biography: Augusto Pinochet (Premiere)

Feb. 17 at 8-10 p.m. – The Pinochet Case

Feb. 18-24 – Mexican-themed programming:

· Feb. 18 at 6-7 p.m. EST – Mexico: God, Gold & Glory

· Feb. 19 at 6-7 p.m. EST – Mexico: From Independence to the Alamo

· Feb. 20 at 6-7 p.m. EST – Mexico: Battle for North America

· Feb. 21 at 6-7 p.m. EST – Mexico: Revolution & Rebirth

· Feb. 22 at 6-7 p.m. EST Special Presentation: Cinco de Mayo

· Feb. 22 at 8-10 p.m. Special Presentation: Behind the Shadows

· Feb. 23 at 8-10 p.m. Mexican Migration to the U.S.

· Feb. 24 at 8-10 p.m. Mexican Revolution (Premiere)

Mar. 1 at 8-9 p.m. EST – Champions of the World: Brazil

Mar. 1 at 9-10 p.m. EST – Height of Passion: Real Madrid v. Barcelona

A special marketing initiative to support the launch of The History Channel en español on DishLATINO is planned. New subscribers who sign up for any of the DishLATINO packages will receive a DVD from two acclaimed series about soccer (while supplies last). Featured on the DVD are “Height of Passion: Argentina” (Pasión extrema: Argentina) and “Champions of the World: Mexico” (Campeones del mundo: México). To take advantage of the offer, subscribers will need to visit www.dishlatino.com/THCE.

For more information on The History Channel en español, available in all DishLATINO packages on Ch.850, call 1-800-599-DISH (3474) or your DISH Network local retailer, or visit DISH Network -- Get DISH -- DISH NETWORK Partner discount program.

We get shopping channels, they get good programming.

In 20 years this channel will no doubt be running a program called "Extinct: Ancient White People of The United States."

My frustration here being that they're wasting time and resources on this? Meanwhile, the majority of the new episodes of shows I DVR off their "HD" channel are stretched out unwatchable garbage!

Way to get your priorities straight guys. :down

I can't wait to keep checking that rerun of The Universe to see when it finally gets aired in HD in its correct aspect ratio!

My frustration here being that they're wasting time and resources on this? Meanwhile, the majority of the new episodes of shows I DVR off their "HD" channel are stretched out unwatchable garbage!

Way to get your priorities straight guys. :down

I can't wait to keep checking that rerun of The Universe to see when it finally gets aired in HD in its correct aspect ratio!

You're not going to get good quality when all they show is footage from 1940s Germany. History Channel should change its name to Hitler Channel.

You're not going to get good quality when all they show is footage from 1940s Germany. History Channel should change its name to Hitler Channel.

no no no Im talking about like brand spanking new episodes of The Universe and Modern Marvels and Dogfights shown in (god-knows-why) stretched 16:9, (it is letterboxed still for godssake. NO EXCUSE for this). you have to wait a few weeks and keep checking for them to figure it out and show them correctly. it is NOT a fun game.

oh but we got mexican week on the history channel in spanish! hooray! thbthbthbthb :down

Just to be clear, I was complaing that the Spanish language programming was dubbed from English, not that there was a new Spanish language channel. I wanted WAPA America or one of a dozen other channels with native SPANISH language content.

The tirades over this channel taking away resourses from History HD are unfounded. History en Español has been around for a decade or more.

[potion of this post removed...see complete post here http://www.satelliteguys.us/pit/123458-america-speak-english-split-history-en-espa-ol-thread.html

See ya
Tony

<snip> I wanted WAPA America or one of a dozen other channels with native SPANISH language content. <snip>

See ya
Tony

You really, really, really, really want to watch WAPA's "La Comay" and "Dreuxilla Divine?" :p

Although I have to admit Mrs. Dreuxilla is more charming, though... And I fall under her spell every now and then... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)