Dish Network Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Let me move this over to our Dish Network forum so that you can get your queston answered. :)

Well you can split the tv out cable from the receiver but you can only watch one channel at a time so both tv's will be tuned into the same channel. The only way to watch two different channels at the same time is to buy a 2 tuner receiver(322,522). What type of receiver are you using???

921 is sngle output, can't watch two different shows on two different tvs. Can do two shows on 1 tv with pip though :)

That's what the last number (1) in the 921 means, 1 output.

721 is also a single output (but has two tuners that allows you two watch two seperate live shows at the same time).

thanks everyone! For a dummy like me, what is the difference between Directv and Dish Network that you can hook more than 1 up to a receiver on Directv and only 1 to Dish Network? Both are satellite.

Well dont know much about D* but as far as I know you still need more the one tuner to watch more than one channel at the same time Direct or Dish. So you need a 2 tuner receiver or 2 receivers.

Correct. You need a tuner for EVERY unique channel you want to watch at any given time.

Each tuner almost always requires a separate feed cable from the "outside" equipment.

To try and clarify:

Unless you are talking about some of the newer tv's that actually have a direct tv tuner built in, there is no difference between hooking up tv's to direct tv or dish network.

You can hook up multiple tv's to one single tuner receiver, no problem. They'll just have to all watch the same channel.

If you don't want them to watch the same channel, then you either need another receiver, or you need the dual tuner/dual output units (Dish 322 or 522).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts