Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a neat PDF which tells you how to switch your IR 1 Remote to a UHF remote.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Upgrade Remote.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 4,515
Scott (or Claude, or any other retailer on here), can you get those 144552 "6.3 replacement remote" and how much do they cost?

Last edited:
Also... what they don't tell you in the PDF (maybe because they want to sell more stuff?) is that for everything but the 942 and 622 you can follow the instructions in the right hand column but just replace steps 1-3 with "get another #2 6.0 (4.0 for 322) remote on ebay, leave the blue #2 tab as-is, and set it to an address different than that currently being used for TV2.

Last edited:
My first post, hope it's helpful.... I Just tried to do this with my 622 and its 6.3 remote #2. I noticed that the key in the PDF looks more like a V than the blue/black key that is the remote. I also noticed that it seems to slide a little white switch back and forth when inserted which tells the remote what to control (blue side makes it IR/UHF on TV2, black side IR on TV1. I took a toothpick and moved the white switch to the middle position (There are actually 4 positions, third from left seems to be the right one) and hit the record button. The screen changed TV1 to IR/UHF Pro Band A. I used my dremel to notch out the left side of the key so it wont move it back when inserted with the black side up (better than having it say #2) I guess if I drop the remote, there might be a chance that the switch will slide back but at least I don't have to pay for that little piece of green plastic.

Well, per another thread, I was going to a retailer to order a 6.3 Green 1 UHF PRO remote on Tuesday. Today (Wed) the retailer told me that he could not get it. Then when I got home, I noticed this post, that it was a service item.

I called Dish a couple of hours ago and ordered one. I may be a few cents off, but including tax for the Denver area:

$39.00 for the remote kit (remote and key switches)
$ 8.95 for UPS 2 Day Blue Shipping which he said I should have in about 5 days.
$ 3.16 for Sales Tax.
$51.11 Total.

NOTE: The Tech knew what I was talking about, but he said they did not use the part numbers and wouldn't know if it was 144552 or not.

Today, I thought about buying a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO from the retailer and trim the tab on one side, and maybe glue something to the other side of the 2 prongs, but decided against it since others will be using the remote.

Last edited:
WOW!!!! They are around $10 each with shipping on ebay.:eek: :eek:
SmityWhity said:
I called Dish a couple of hours ago and ordered one. I may be a few cents off, but including tax for the Denver area:

$39.00 for the remote kit (remote and key switches)
$ 8.95 for UPS 2 Day Blue Shipping which he said I should have in about 5 days.
$ 3.16 for Sales Tax.
$51.11 Total.

NOTE: The Tech knew what I was talking about, but he said they did not use the part numbers and wouldn't know if it was 144552 or not.

Today, I thought about buying a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO from the retailer and trim the tab on one side, and maybe glue something to the other side of the 2 prongs, but decided against it since others will be using the remote.

drench said:
My first post, hope it's helpful.... I Just tried to do this with my 622 and its 6.3 remote #2. I noticed that the key in the PDF looks more like a V than the blue/black key that is the remote. I also noticed that it seems to slide a little white switch back and forth when inserted which tells the remote what to control (blue side makes it IR/UHF on TV2, black side IR on TV1. I took a toothpick and moved the white switch to the middle position (There are actually 4 positions, third from left seems to be the right one) and hit the record button. The screen changed TV1 to IR/UHF Pro Band A. I used my dremel to notch out the left side of the key so it wont move it back when inserted with the black side up (better than having it say #2) I guess if I drop the remote, there might be a chance that the switch will slide back but at least I don't have to pay for that little piece of green plastic.
drench - good post and tks for the information! (Welcome, BTW...!) You apparently did exactly what I trying to do, which is get an IR/UHF remote for TV1. I'll check eBay for the $10 unit and go from there. (I just got a 6.2 kit as a replacement for my malfunctioning 8.0 UHF Pro remote for my 811. It came with a bunch of keys so I'm sure I can find one of those that works with a new 6.3 vs. carving one out.)

PS - There another thread running on this topic with some similar information...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=73693

Tks again and BRgds...

If you are looking to implement this, there appear to be some good deals on 6.2 remotes at ebay right now. Search on "dish 6.2"

If I forget to send my leased 811's 6.2 remote back when my 622 arrives, any idea how much Dish would charge me? I know they have a fee if I don't send the 811 back at all, but not sure if they might have a reduced price if I kept the remote. Or does it make more sense to just order a 6.3?

wilme2 said:
If I forget to send my leased 811's 6.2 remote back when my 622 arrives, any idea how much Dish would charge me? I know they have a fee if I don't send the 811 back at all, but not sure if they might have a reduced price if I kept the remote. Or does it make more sense to just order a 6.3?

They did not charge me, when I replaced 811 and 942. I am keeping remotes for backup.

wilme2 said:
Or does it make more sense to just order a 6.3?
I asked a CSR what is the difference in remotes and he said if it looks the same it will work. :eek:
It goes with out saying other than IR and UHF.

yessirrom said:
Will tuner 1 receive both UHF and IR signals at once? VIP 622
yes (IR and UHF-PRO), read thru the 6.2 remote instructions and it tells you how to do it on the 942, the ViP622 works the same. I believe the attached PDF at the beginning of this thread actually answers your exact question.

Last edited:
I do not know what the differences in the 6.0,6.2,an 6.3 are but I ordered a 6.0 and 6.2 off of eBay tonight to replace the 6.3 that came with my 622. My wife gathered up the comforter off the bed this morning to wash it and the remote was on the comforter to it got washed also. I can say the 6.0 remote that came with my 522 does seem to control the 622 also. I only spent a total of $25 for 1 IR number 1 remote and 2 UHF #2 remotes so pretty cheap and I will have a backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)