DISH Network Reports Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results

Dish will not change unill their revenue start to show a loss. As far as programmers are concern alot of them are ready to battle dish once the contracts are up.

Can anyone verify that Fox may drop dish?

I hope that DISH sees even more churn by next quarter. Then maybe they will reconsider these whole excessive "just because we can " FEES. I remember when there were NO DVR fees and DISH had more subs added than ever before or ever since. Now they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with the fees. They added so many new self created fees last February they had to roll them all up into one additional receiver fee. Then bold face lie to everyone and say they only charge one Dvr fee per account, when anyone can see it is rolled up in the additional receiver fee.

Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connection fee$5.00+ DVR fee $5.98= $17.00 ridiculous dollars.

It is totally hypocritical for DISH to advertise that they are the "Low priced leader" in the way of programming packs and they rape their subs with all these made up fees , just because they can. DIRECTV ,who I do NOT like as a company because of their customer practices , may have higher programming prices but they don't screw their subs with the additional receiver fees or the DVR fees concealed in the additional receiver fees like DISH does. They also have MRV now that DISH still does NOT have and only charge $3.00 more a month for it. DISH charges $10.00 for the dvr fee for the 922 with sling being $4.00 of it. Sling that isn't working and is sporadic at best.

DISH needs to CHANGE the direction they are going or they will continue to lose subs and their simply is not a way to bleed the subs left to make up for the churn . We are all bleed out. Any more surprise price hikes (twice this year) or any more new increases in the Additional receiver fees and even I will have to think about changing my video provider. You can't get blood from a turnip. The well is dry DISH.

It is totally hypocritical for DISH to advertise that they are the "Low priced leader" in the way of programming packs and they rape their subs with all these made up fees , just because they can.

I know many of you are pissed about fees, but I disagree. For $36/month, I get a nice DVR, access on 2 TVs, and a fair number of HD channels. To a lot of us, they are the low priced leader.

They are the low priced leader to those of us for whom price consciousness means a lot in all we do. Those that want small programming packs and hove but a few tvs. I like having the option to take less for a lower price. With DirecTV, I don't even have the option.

As of five minutes ago I just became the first sub loss of the next new quarter. That is more money in my pocket and less for Charlie's lawyers. Best of luck to the rest of you guys. Now that I killed the pig I'm thinking pork chops sound good for dinner.

TheKrell said:
Unbelievable! Nobody called them on this smokescreen?

Someone did and Scott said whoever was doing the earnings call was pissed by the question.:)

only 19,000 lost? it will be far worse next quarter and they will still deny it was a management blunder......

plus E has lost most of its phone bundling partners.....

E doesnt play well with anyone anymore........

and bottom line sub numbers will prove it next quarter.

As of five minutes ago I just became the first sub loss of the next new quarter. That is more money in my pocket and less for Charlie's lawyers. Best of luck to the rest of you guys. Now that I killed the pig I'm thinking pork chops sound good for dinner.

As fun as that would be to claim, since the "next new quarter" began on July 1st, I highly doubt you are the "first sub loss of the next new quarter". At their current rate, you probably aren't even in the first 10,000 sub losses of the quarter.

Maybe if you stayed with them until October 1 (start of Q4), you could claim it. Now there's a reason to stay! :up

Now here's something ironic. Remember the big brou-ha-ha back in 2005 when Clark, Texas renamed itself DISH, Texas in exchange for 10 years of free DISH Network for everyone in town?

At the time, DISH, TX had about 345 residents. Now (5 years later), they have 218. That means, in the 5 years that DISH Network has been giving the town free satellite TV, the town's population has shrunk 36%. Does this mean they can't even keep the customers happy that are getting the service for free? :rolleyes:

Also, the local phone company is CenturyLink, which just recently stopped bundling with DISH (although they are continuing to support existing bundled subscribers) and now bundle with DirecTV.

Just a couple of oddball observations for the publicity stunt otherwise known as DISH, Texas. And yes, people, this is just a sarcastic observation, so no flame war, please.

This quarters numbers surprised me. I expected losses like this for the next report... and that tells me if things are this bad now they are going to be much worse next quarter.
Me too! I thought Dish Network's "We're the Cheapest" ad campaign would carry them through to the next quarter will respectable numbers where we would then witness the backlash of their ongoing fee-hacking. Let's face it...I don't think we've seen as many long-time Dish customers jumping ship than we have in the past two months. Their loyal and "best" customers are tired of being bent-over and taken advantage of repeatedly.

As fun as that would be to claim, since the "next new quarter" began on July 1st, I highly doubt you are the "first sub loss of the next new quarter". At their current rate, you probably aren't even in the first 10,000 sub losses of the quarter.

Maybe if you stayed with them until October 1 (start of Q4), you could claim it. Now there's a reason to stay! :up

LOL, they tried to keep me on but free HBO and Showtime for three months wasn't even an option. When they wanted to know what I pay now even they admitted they couldn't beat $10 a month.

its a sad day for E, but ironically the dis management team has its heads buried in a dish pan refusing to admit their part in the shrinkage.

the claim the most important thing to fixing anything is to admit whats wrong.

if management doesnt see the problem it will only go on and get worse...

look for E to try a big marketing blitz to buy more customers..... sadly they could of just kept existing ones happy for a fraction of the price.

I suspect much of the loss were high value subs with AEP, and E will now attempt to replace them with top 120 subs.

Too funny...it didn't stop Verizon (and others for that matter) from adding 168K new customers - and they've pretty much halted their expansion. As we all know, the sharp increase in churn is directly related to Dish Network leadership.
Agree.

$17 DVR Duo's ,
922 over priced over fee'ed Garbage.
And increase of some kind on every premium , a'la'carte, Base Pack ,Super Station, Protection plan, HD, and Return equipment shipping charges.

and last but not least Channels Drops.

I would say all of this has way more to do with them Losing subs then the Economy.

19000 churn is only a little bit more than 1.5% of the total subs. So don't see that as a tipping point for changing the fees. It won't happen because of this. It also shows in comparison to D* that it was only a small % of those that went w/ them. Looks like the fees will most likely be staying. Look for D* to take note and they may increase theirs as well.
This is just the start. Most of the increased prices only took effect less then 2 months ago.
Wait until next quarter;)

200,000 loss is what I'm expecting.:)

Agree.

$17 DVR Duo's ,
922 over priced over fee'ed Garbage.
And increase of some kind on every premium , a'la'carte, Base Pack ,Super Station, Protection plan, HD, and Return equipment shipping charges.

and last but not least Channels Drops.

I would say all of this has way more to do with them Losing subs then the Economy.

If these Wall Street Analyists can't see this then our country is in more trouble that I thought. I know a few of them read SatelliteGuys I would hope they would absorb some common sense from us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts