Dish Network Retailer Chat (3/17/05)

DucTape said:
I'm guessing that they will not be selling them long once the department of agriculture gets wind of it. You must be a licensed pest control reseller to sell products like that to the public and that's a license in every state which is maintained by update credit's. Maybe they are licensed but I doubt it.
Wrong. You can buy pest strips, etc. in a grocery store. No reason similar chemicals couldn't be packaged to fit in the shroud, and sold under the same (non-)restrictions.

Iceberg,

Is this really you on that Picture (and Tank) .. also in your avatar? :D
Just wondering....

SimpleSimon said:
Wrong. You can buy pest strips, etc. in a grocery store. No reason similar chemicals couldn't be packaged to fit in the shroud, and sold under the same (non-)restrictions.

Actually not correct (sorry Simon) here in Connecticut if a Satellite Installer installs a pest strip as part of their installation they are required to have a pest control license.

I found this out yesterday, it was the first I have heard of it.

Ah - I stand corrected.

This proves my past posts about so much of this stuff being locally regulated, tho - and also my point about some of these places being a bunch of frelling dictatorships (like the People's Republic of Boulder).

So, in Conn. a customer can install something they buy in the supermarket, but the tech can't - without PAYING for a license he'll never use for anything else. Ridiculous.

I'll bet there's even a law against letting the customer climb the tech's ladder to do it himself. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)