Dish Network rumored to be interested in a deal with T-Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not exactly what this would do to benefit Dish, other than to grow bigger. The excitement would be over terrestrial broadband, though this may be the pathway to it.

T-Mobile is comparable to AT&T and Verizon in coverage where I live. It gets a little spottier out in rural areas than the other two but that's just how T-Mobile is. T-Mobile is so much cheaper that it's a fair tradeoff. Instead of $80/Mo my iPhone on Verizon I am now paying $30 with T-Mobile. It's also got faster 4G on my iPhone than Verizon and AT&T. I'm sure T-Mobile is improving their network by the day so I'm not going anywhere.

I'd much rather Dish merge with T-Mobile than The Devil (AT&T!)

T-mobile is VERY dependant on where you live and where you are, At&t and Verizon very much less so. That's actually fine if you are not one who travels alot and your area has decent coverage. But as someone who travels I can tell you T-mobile can be very frustrating because it is so spotty. I have each, one, on my tablet and one for cell service. I virtually always have a signal and data with At&t, and very thankful I am not dependent on T-mobile for cell service. Sprint it horrific, genuinely the worst for coverage. Our town used Sprint (actually originally used Nextel) and spend a large sum to change because when it was most needed there was no signal or it would just drop. There's a reason Verizon and At&t do cost more.

Good point about build-out, no doubt T-mobile is better now than just a few years ago and seems to be closer in coverage to the big two.
One other thing, it's too much to get into comparing costs exactly, but I know the rates of each, I don't see how you have the same level of service for $50 less.
T-mobile with their unlimited data also throttles after what you pay for, and mean really throttles, to at or below 2G. Their unlimited voice plans are similar to At&t. For regular voice plans I spend less with At&t than Verizon because of rollover, and because I can call any mobile, not just At&t for no minutes. They also provide a device for your home if you have a less than desirable signal, and it gives you full bars anywhere in an around your house, no extra charge. And At&t has a much bigger array of subsidised phones to choose from. In fact there are several things that you have to consider along with coverage before just the cost.

Last edited:
Everyone is just looking at he t mobile side of the equation. Your forgetting dish has more licensed spectrum then any of the big 4 national carriers.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Not in cell phone frequencies. Dish has about 40MHZ AT&T/VZ run about 80-100 depending on the market. But, of course AT&T/VZ have 2G/3G/4G networks so theirs is more divided up.

What Dish brings to T-Mobile is a very nice unused lump of nationwide spectrum and probably a lot of cash. T-Mobile brings lots of towers, backhaul and customers.

As a t-mobile customer I'd much rather go to DISH. Sprint has horrible service and everyone I've ever known who used them has regretted it.

I doubt either company goes with DISH. They will probably use DISH's offer, to pump up the bids by competing companies to buy them instead. I doubt either company wants Charlie as their boss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts