Dish Network Sat. Map

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Hey guys, last year at one of the shows there was a picture of dish networks satellites and which sat. would do what (including echo x) does anyone know where that picture went? I seem to have lost it and cant find it!

I can show you the thread, but the picture is no longer relevant and dish has changed plans again, so no sense in letting you look at it

BFG said:
I can show you the thread, but the picture is no longer relevant and dish has changed plans again, so no sense in letting you look at it

I was just getting ready to edit this and ask if someone could close this thread, I found it and you are right, since team summit was done there is alot that has happened-I didnt take in account of that, if someone ever does come across a new one, it would be nice to see, thanks! thanks BFG for your help, if you want to close this thread please do, no since taking up space

I Can breifly Sum up what's on each

61.5 - Internationals, Local SD, Local HD, Dish HD, Sky Angel
105 - Locals
110 - National Programming, Locals, HD
119 - National Programming, Locals
121 - Locals, Internationals
129 - Local SD, Local HD, Dish HD (mirror of 61.5),
148 - Internationals (mirror of 61.5), Local SD, Some HD (probably will be removed sometime),

BFG said:
I Can breifly Sum up what's on each

61.5 - Internationals, Local SD, Local HD, Dish HD, Sky Angel
105 - Locals
110 - National Programming, Locals, HD
119 - National Programming, Locals
121 - Locals, Internationals
129 - Local SD, Local HD, Dish HD (mirror of 61.5),
148 - Internationals (mirror of 61.5), Local SD, Some HD (probably will be removed sometime),

This is interesting...what would be more interesting and occassionally helpful would be a list of the birds and what is on each bird (i.e. 121 Fargo Locals, 148 Denver locals) etc.

Visiter

visiter555 said:
Superb resource. Too bad it doesn't indicate the channels that are available only via Spotbeam.

If there is an "S" in the transponder column it means it on a spot beam.

At the bottom of the chart there are footnotes explaining the abeverations in the chart

taken from tyhe footnotes
"What does the "S" mean in the transponder column?
In order to maximize space on the satellites and uplink as many stations as possible, Dish has launched and put into service Spot Beam satellites. These allow a single transponder to be reused in tightly focused beams aimed at certain parts of the country instead of sending one channel nation wide. To see maps of the current spot beam satellites click HERE. Or you can also view the mirror of that page here on the EKB"

Heer is the link to the sats
http://wvjw.info/dbs-beam/

Last edited:
Jordan420 said:
If there is an "S" in the transponder column it means it on a spot beam.

At the bottom of the chart there are footnotes explaining the abeverations in the chart

taken from tyhe footnotes
"What does the "S" mean in the transponder column?
In order to maximize space on the satellites and uplink as many stations as possible, Dish has launched and put into service Spot Beam satellites. These allow a single transponder to be reused in tightly focused beams aimed at certain parts of the country instead of sending one channel nation wide. To see maps of the current spot beam satellites click HERE. Or you can also view the mirror of that page here on the EKB"

Heer is the link to the sats
http://wvjw.info/dbs-beam/

Thanks Jordan!!!

I missed it when I read the footnotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)