Dish Network Sat Maps?

OK found it but how do know if you want to change your US city? I'm in Canada(Ottawa) and presently getting Buffalo as my US cities. Not sure where my US address is, but I want to change it to either get Los Angles(preferably),New York or possibly Miami?

I doubt those will be available to you since most local markets are spot beams, NY may be possible but the others are not. Also you should be careful since it is illegal to have Dish service in Canada. But I guess you already know that.

I doubt those will be available to you since most local markets are spot beams, NY may be possible but the others are not. Also you should be careful since it is illegal to have Dish service in Canada. But I guess you already know that.

I don't think there is a law against getting Dish service in Canada. It is outside of the US and so isn't supposed to be sold there. As far as getting any of the cities you requested:Only city you requested that could be picked up there would be NYC. You are on the edge of the spot for it on sat at 61.5. But I would expect you should think about a .9m dish to get good signal level. Do you have an Eastern Arc dish setup? If so you need to check and see if you are getting any signal on tp 22 of 61.5. It will need to lock and say spotbeam. What are you using to get Buffalo? You are only a little better w/in the spot of it on tp 19.

I beleive it isn't a US law, but a Canadian law that prohibits Dish in Canada. The CRTC is very strict. Back in the days of the big dish, they required CBC to encrypt their sat feeds so they were not available in the US.
From
http://www.petitiononline.com/15426894/petition.html
Do you own a small satellite system (DirecTV or Dish Network) or a big C-band dish? Did you know that your government and other parties with a vested interest (Bell Expressvu, Starchoice, Cable Companies) have made it illegal to receive ANY foreign television transmissions that have not been approved or sanctioned by them?

The Supreme Court of Canada ruled in April that federal broadcasting law prohibits Canadians from gaining access to direct-to-home satellite TV signals from providers other than Toronto-based Bell ExpressVu LP a unit of Bell Canada and Star Choice Communications Inc. of Calgary.

Under existing Canadian laws, users of so-called grey-market satellite dishes people who PAY for a U.S.-based satellite service face up to one year in jail, or a $5,000 fine. Firms found guilty of the same offence face a $25,000 fine. This includes the big C-band dishes (that Canadians have had since the 1970's) as well.

Yes I'm aware of all this.

There are tons of Canadians that have Dish & Direct TV dish in plain sight and where the police can clearly see them but don't do anything. They seem to only go after the vendors that sell them. In my case I'm using two 24" Bell TV dishes for Dish.

Heck there is even a person living right across the stret from the cop shop where you can clearly see the dish say Direct TV and its been there for years.

Last edited:
I figured you knew that already living in Canada. I was responding to the poster who said he thought there was no law against you having Dish service.

no prob

I have Dish now for a few years and love it.

Of coarse I have the largest package with all the movie channels & HD channels excluding Sports PPV,Adult & ethnic services, but have almost everything else. pay quite abit but WELL WORTH IT!!!

no prob

I have Dish now for a few years and love it.

Of coarse I have the largest package with all the movie channels & HD channels excluding Sports PPV,Adult & ethnic services, but have almost everything else. pay quite abit but WELL WORTH IT!!!
What set up do you have? And the CA law is a CYA to cover the programers. It is rare that they bust for a single person receiving the signals from down south. It's the "pirates" that they go after. Wasn't sure about law in CA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)