Dish Network Satellite Positions

Bengal1

Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
N.W. Ohio
I currently have Directv and most of there new HD programing is on the 99 degree satellite and when my dish was installed they didn`t tell me that I have a tree blocking this satellite. The tree is not on my property so I can`t cut it down and I have no other location on my property to place the dish. I get a good signal on all other satellites but the 99 degree. My question is where are the Dish Network satellites located. Any location from 101 degrees and west I have a clear view.
Thanks, Rod

Just an FYI, the only thing currently on 99 is some HD locals, all the new national HD MPEG4 channels are on 103, not 99. Since the installer messed up that fact you might want to have a manager come out and verify.

Just an FYI, the only thing currently on 99 is some HD locals, all the new national HD MPEG4 channels are on 103, not 99. Since the installer messed up that fact you might want to have a manager come out and verify.
The only HD channels I get are ESPN, TNT,HDTH and HDN. I get Searching for signal 771 on all other HD channels. I get all the regular channels fine. So what satellite am I not receiving?

Those are the old MPEG2 HD channels on 101/110/119. The HD like Sci-FI, USA or CNN is on 103(b) and you should see readings in the upper 80's/lower 90's on transponders 1 -> 14, 17 and 22. You also need to make sure that the B Band converters are installed and that he didn't use a diplexor on the satellite line to piggy back an OTA antenne on a sat line, that's a no no.

Those are the old MPEG2 HD channels on 101/110/119. The HD like Sci-FI, USA or CNN is on 103(b) and you should see readings in the upper 80's/lower 90's on transponders 1 -> 14, 17 and 22. You also need to make sure that the B Band converters are installed and that he didn't use a diplexor on the satellite line to piggy back an OTA antenne on a sat line, that's a no no.
I get 99b transponder 1 signal is 78, 2 is 33, 3 is 78, 4 is 20, 5 is 74, 6 is 48. 101 all transponders in the 90 range. 103a transponder 1 is 82, 2 is 0, 3 is 78, 4 is 87, 5 is 78, 6 is 87, 15 is 0, 16 is 0, 17 is 84, 18 is 0, 19 is 0, 20 is 0, 21 is 0, 22 is 0, 23 is 0, 24 is 0. 103b is all zeros. 119 is all high 90 to 100 range.

Those are BAD signals on 103(b) which is where the new HD is, 99 and 103(a) are spot beams so those numbers can vary all over the place. Call D* and tell them to send someone out again to fix the install since what you have now is bad.

You didn't say, did you check for the B Band converter being installer and any diplexors not being installed?

Those are BAD signals on 103(b) which is where the new HD is, 99 and 103(a) are spot beams so those numbers can vary all over the place. Call D* and tell them to send someone out again to fix the install since what you have now is bad.

You didn't say, did you check for the B Band converter being installer and any diplexors not being installed?
I have a B Band converter installed. There is no diplexors. Also for about two days we were getting all HD channels a week ago but now we are not. Could the converter be no good?

1st of all you might want to continue this in the DirecTV forum area. B Bands can go bad, if you have a HR20/HR21 with two B Band you can try swapping them to see if it helps, or just call D* and ask for a service appt, could be the dish went out of alignment. If you don't have the protection plan or too far from the install date it will be $75 for the call.

If I am getting 103a shouldn`t I be getting 103b?

Yes you should unless the b band converter is bad since you need that for 103(b). Yea, maybe it's just that's gone bad since you do have some half way decent 103(a) readings. You can call D* and they'll send you new ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts