Dish Network still sending out 722s??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unless you live within 30-40 miles of your local station broadcast towers, you won't get much if anything OTA. Aside from OTA, 722 and 722k are effectively identical. IMO 1 vs 2 OTA tuners isn't a big deal.
I would add that the 722K does have a different (better) chip inside. I can also say that I noticed a PQ improvement with the 722K, while the 722 looked a bit "softer." I'll also add that our HWS's have a slightly better PQ than the Hopper 1.0's we had. I suppose each new gen of Chip may help with processing PQ, IMHO. Interesting how, to my eyes, latest chip/box generation seems to improve PQ.

Unless you live within 30-40 miles of your local station broadcast towers, you won't get much if anything OTA. Aside from OTA, 722 and 722k are effectively identical. IMO 1 vs 2 OTA tuners isn't a big deal.

Terrain plays a large role in that and your figures are way off, too low.
I am 53 air miles from New Haven and can get the ABC station from there. I am 60 air miles from the WBZ Tower and if I turn my antenna I get that. A point on that WBZ is even a significantly watched channel for my area so alot of people have been able to get it.

In totally different (Flat) terrain I am somewhere around 78 air miles from Orlando at my home in Florida, and I get two Orlando channels. One all the time, the other often but always at night.
I can get all the Tampa channels where the towers most all are located in Riverview about 40 air miles away effortlessly with a flat window antenna.
To me anytime you can have an additional tuner for the same cost is a pretty big deal in particular if you watch many network shows that do not repeat with regularity as cable networks do.

Quick Update:

I plugged in the receiver and everything and it was working fine for a while, then this happens. For the last 2 days. So frustrated right now..

Attachments

• 1428110486779-169112717.jpg
    1428110486779-169112717.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 228
Just finished. I don't know know but this receiver is acting really weird. It constantly freezes and sometimes the remotes dont work with it. I really wonder why dish didn't give me a 722K in the first place. Plus the receiver is refurbished.

My old VIP622 went through boot recovery twice. BOTH times the internal drive went bad and had to be replaced.

So, you might want to ask for a different receiver, as it could be likely the drive is going to crash hard soon.

Reactions: TheKrell
My VIP722K failed last Monday, I called Monday night and a replacement was ordered. I did receive a 722K on Thursday, a refurbished model and it was DOA. It would not start up and was doing the same thing my original unit was doing. I called in again and a tech was sent today, luckily he had 722K in the truck and this one finally worked. I'm glad he had the 722k as I have an OTA module that I use very often.

Reactions: old corps
I must lead a charmed life! I had both 612's die on me last year, and my 722 this year, and I had all replaced. The new(er) units are perfect.

No, Navy, I do not want a Hopper. :p

Reactions: Tampa8
I must lead a charmed life! I had both 612's die on me last year, and my 722 this year, and I had all replaced. The new(er) units are perfect.

No, Navy, I do not want a Hopper. :p
I don't want a Hopper either. I have run my coax up the outside wall and then put new siding on. I do not want new coax on top of my siding.

Reactions: TheKrell
Actually, a Hopper probably would not require new coax across your siding. Just a node at the dish.

It can... It has for some... 3Ghz is what is supported though.
2.3 swept might mean fine for 3, just not tested at 3. Worth a try, if it's in good physical shape.
Some installers will be finicky about using it too. When I had my Hopper replaced with a HWS, the installer insisted on replacing a 6' run of RG6 from the wall plate to the receiver. No matter that it worked fine for well over a year....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts