Dish network Super Dish and Stacked LNBs

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Wondering if a Dish network Super Dish with stacked LNBs would work on 97W?
If so what would be the settings for a FreeSat V8 Super receiver?

Thanks

Attachments

• dishnetworksuper.jpg
    dishnetworksuper.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 252
The FSS LNB (121°W) is linear and will work on 97W. Not sure about the V8 but a LOF of 10750/13850 should handle the bandstacked LNB

I tried on 97W... It does work to some degree. But the limited size of the dish and the mediocre performance of those stacked LNBs caused some problems. I think it was a combination of interference from 95W or 99W, and limited signal strength. I am however using one successfully for 123W for KBS. I set the LO to 10750 (or 10742 if I can, to compensate for the LO drift). The V transponders scan in with the expected frequencies, and the H Tps display some higher frequencies in the 13 GHz range due to the stacking. Most receivers don't have a proper setting for the bandstacked LO, if you enter it as a dual-band LNB, you'll get even crazier numbers as it will try to switch with 22k tone

so all in all, the stacking is a nice feature, allowing to get both polarities without swithing, on a single cable, at the cost of not-so-intuitive displayed frequencies, and mediocre performances.

this page has a pretty clear explanation of the stacked LNB:

also, it's fairly easy to replace the feed/LNB assembly with a regular linear LNBF with a mounting bracket. There's even a hole in the LNB arm that is perfectly located. I got better results that way than with the original stacked LNB.

I had that type of lnb when I started in FTA. Iceberg told me to scan vertical only since its dual stacked. Rather use a pll lnb instead for better signal.

Years ago I had access to a huge pile of SuperDishes and played with a bunch of those FSS linear LNBS.

I found an old DTV triple LNB that had removeable feed horns and grafted those onto the FSS LNBs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)