Dish Network survey via email?

dead3ye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Central PA
I just got an email from Leanna Sultan VP Marketing to take a survey:

We would like your opinion on some ideas that we have for providing a premier customer service experience, which would include better service and special offers to our most valued customers, like you. Please take a few minutes to answer a brief survey that will help us define this program and ensure it achieves the desired result of rewarding you with the level of service and offers that you would be most satisfied with.

Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

Leanna Sultan
VP Marketing

Some very interesting questions. One very interesting one was asking what my opinion was on receiving a new receiver each year to keep up with newer technology. A little late for the HD crowd with the current upgrade path.

Did anybody else get this email?

I did and found a number of other questions interesting too - like the idea of getting a csr who keep help you on first call rather than having to be transferred 3 times to get to ATR

I got it as well. Very interesting stuff.

They also had a couple of free-form questions that I gave some of my ideas (given that I'm a techie, and high$).

LER

I got the PPV survey too. It asked if I had ever seen their stupid sounding PPV commercials and was I likely to order a PPV movie via Dish. I answered "No" to all 5 questions.

Tom Bombadil said:
I would be interested in HD PPV movies ... if they were $3.99 instead of $5.99. I'll never buy one at $5.99.
I bought The Island the other day for $5.99. With the surround sound and OAR, it was worth every penny. I DVR'd it. So you tell me $5.99 to watch it in HD as many times as I want or $29.99+ for the Blu-Ray version months from now?

Once the USB to storage feature has been activated, I'll have bought an HD movie for $5.99. Can't beat that anywhere else.

dish didnt send me a email, yet they had the balls to change my online usrrname/password combo so i have no access to veiwing/paying my bill via their website

send me the damn email dish i answer your survey!

ChetK said:
I bought The Island the other day for $5.99. With the surround sound and OAR, it was worth every penny. I DVR'd it. So you tell me $5.99 to watch it in HD as many times as I want or $29.99+ for the Blu-Ray version months from now?

Not to mention the $1,000.00 price tag on the Blu-Ray player...

Yeah, although I bought my Vip622 for $649. Still cheaper than a $1,000 Blu-Ray. Maybe only a little more expensive than a PS3. Any way you look at it, it's like comparing apples to oranges to pears. They all do different, yet similar things.

Frankly, if I could get Blu-Ray quality HD over the satellite and there was no chance of any kind of down-rezzing flag (I'm referring to over the satellite), I'd skip the next-gen DVD player. But, with all of the HD-lite and bit-starving, it looks like Blu-Ray (or HD-DVD) may be our best bet for PQ and audio quality.

gdarwin said:
I got one totally unrelated to this - Pay Per View Survey
And I got one simply asking me to verify my SSN, Credit card #, User Name, and Password.:D
Of course I gave them the info for verification, but I wished they'd sent me one of the other E-mails.:devil:

SaltiDawg said:
And I got one simply asking me to verify my SSN, Credit card #, User Name, and Password.:D
Of course I gave them the info for verification, but I wished they'd sent me one of the other E-mails.:devil:
Man, I hope your just kidding. Dish does not ask for such info via email, this was prob. a scam.

ChetK said:
Once the USB to storage feature has been activated, I'll have bought an HD movie for $5.99. Can't beat that anywhere else.

This is a big problem. A HD PPV consumes a lot of space on the hard drive. After I watch a movie, I tend to wait a year or so until I want to watch it again. The cost of storing the movie eventually outweighs the cost of purchasing the PPV, in terms of how it affects my recording of other shows.

Trying to keep 3 or 4 HD PPVs around would chew up 25%-30% of a 622's disc. If I bought one a month and kept each one for a year, then a big chunk of the disc is gone.

So at $6 a pop (actually more once they include tax) and the cost of storage, I consider a HD PPV to be a very expensive proposal. But if the price was $3.99, then I might watch it and throw it away.

Thus E* would get a lot more total revenue from me if HD PPVs were $3.99 than the current $5.99.

They would also get more if I could archive to a USB drive.

It has been a known scam. People should never give out ssn or CC info online unless on a secure site. But I still think your just jivin about this..

Dirtydan said:
It has been a known scam. People should never give out ssn or CC info online unless on a secure site. But I still think your just jivin about this..
:rolleyes:

Next thing you'll be telli' me is that the quarterly E-mail from Chase Bank asking me to verify my Acct. #'s and PIN #'s is some kind of scam. Heck they even have their Logo on the E-mail.:D

All I can tell you is that my Credit Union emailed me and said that they would never ask for such info in an email. If you still have that email from Dishnetwork you might want to go into "Properties" of the email and see just who sent it to you.

Dirtydan said:
All I can tell you is that my Credit Union emailed me and said that they would never ask for such info in an email. If you still have that email from Dishnetwork you might want to go into "Properties" of the email and see just who sent it to you.
Dirtydan,

I hope others have enjoyed your posts as much as I have. You've got to learn how to read Emoticons.:D

Darn, now I'm getting a request to verify my Password from Satelliteguys! It is by Private Message so it must be valid.:rolleyes:

Dirtydan,

Don't try to help SaltiDawg, he's beyond help. He just became the victim of Identity Theft right here at satelliteguys. :rolleyes:

Send me your bank info and I'll transfer some money from his accounts to yours.

The New "SaltiDawg"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)