Dish Network Terrestrial Ground Stations

Claude, you were behaving so well around the holidays. And being so nice too. What happened? :p
Claude, the guy hasn't been a part of Dish anything for how long now?? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to talk about things like this that you're not totally versed on

Just got my offer from Dish for the use of my property. Apparently it is a take it, or leave it deal. $2000.00 Cash upfront once the Downlink and equipment is installed. Term of the agreement is 3 years with renewal on an annual basis of $500 per year, plus I have to cover the Power Bill for any and all installed equipment. Doesn't sound like a great deal. Basically it comes out to a little over $50 per month for me.

Any comments would be appreciated.

John

That contract leaves you holding the bag.

I wouldn't take it unless they'll GUARANTEE in writing what the average power bill will run, and IF it goes over, THEY cover it.

Just got my offer from Dish for the use of my property. Apparently it is a take it, or leave it deal. $2000.00 Cash upfront once the Downlink and equipment is installed. Term of the agreement is 3 years with renewal on an annual basis of $500 per year, plus I have to cover the Power Bill for any and all installed equipment. Doesn't sound like a great deal. Basically it comes out to a little over $50 per month for me.

John
What happens if you dont provide continuous power?

How much power?

How big is this thing?
Is it butt ugly?

Will it generate any kind of electronic interference that could affect you?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

What happens if you dont provide continuous power?

How much power?

How big is this thing?
Is it butt ugly?

Will it generate any kind of electronic interference that could affect you?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

The Dish is the same size as a dish either mounted if allowed or on a temp mount. Same with the Site A and B Antennas - mounted if allowed or on temp mounts.

The Site A Antenna is bigger than I thought. Maybe comparable to a 5 Gal Bucket

22.jpg

The Site B Antenna is maybe half as big. The blue box is the lightning protection that goes at the ground point.

23.jpg

Inside is the media cabinet, 2' by 3' with a Wally and surge protector inside, then everything is connected via Coax from the Dish and Cat 5 from the wally to the Site A Antenna and From the Site B Antenna to the receiving Router

25.jpg

So what's powered is the wally, the receiving router, and the power strip/surge protector in the media box

Reactions: TheKrell
A site(send) here is on the mast, B site(receive) is on the non penetrating mount. View attachment 137766View attachment 137767View attachment 137768View attachment 137769

Since when was it proper to install a non pen roof mount on a sloped roof?

Besides that, where is the teather!

That right there is a liability hazard, the non pen mount could slip down the roof on to the side walk. If someone is below they could be injured or killed.

They need to either screw a mast into the roof like a Dish install, or get a non pen mount that sits on the eve in a V shape and is supported on both ends up equally distribute the weight of the mount.

Reactions: primestar31

John

According to Dish, the Wally alone uses 69 KWH, which is probably about $11 worth of electricity per year at .16 per KWH

I don’t know what the other stuff costs, but I bet your likely looking at $50/year to run everything.

If you have to provide a climate controlled room, it’s not worth it.

I think your being ripped off at the rate they are offering, and you really need to look at it as $50/mo as you said.

I wouldn’t offer to be their tech or anything for that price.

If they call or email you and need something rebooted, or reset I would say sorry it’s not on the agreement and charge them.

You can likely get them for $100 each time, because nobody will go out for less than that.

Consider this, I can tell you any dish equipment I ever used, occasionally needs to be rebooted.

And think about it, after they pay you the $2000 who really cares if they come pull their equipment because you wouldn’t reset a receiver.

According to Dish, the Wally alone uses 69 KWH, which is probably about $11 worth of electricity per year at .16 per KWH

I don’t know what the other stuff costs, but I bet your likely looking at $50/year to run everything.

I think your being ripped off at the rate they are offering, and you really need to look at it as $50/mo as you said.

If they call or email you and need something rebooted, or reset I would say sorry it’s not on the agreement and charge them.

You can likely get them for $100 each time, because nobody will go out for less than that.

Consider this, I can tell you any dish equipment I ever used, occasionally needs to be rebooted.

And think about it, after they pay you the $2000 who really cares if they come pull their equipment because you wouldn’t reset a receiver.

You also get a free Hopper and the Top 120 for free....
I've had my Hopper 3 for 2 years, never rebooted it and why do you think the guy wouldn't reboot the Wally? and which pic was a temp mount on a slanted roof, because I can't tell.

$$50/year in costs and some ugly looking stuff up on the roof, in most cases out of sight - is $4.00 per month vs $2000 cash plus $48/month + $70.00/month in programming + $15/month in Receiver costs. Maybe you guys use new math in Detroit, but this looks like it pays for itself by $119/month plus the 2 G's

Reactions: osumike
You also get a free Hopper and the Top 120 for free....
I've had my Hopper 3 for 2 years, never rebooted it and why do you think the guy wouldn't reboot the Wally? and which pic was a temp mount on a slanted roof, because I can't tell.

$$50/year in costs and some ugly looking stuff up on the roof, in most cases out of sight - is $4.00 per month vs $2000 cash plus $48/month + $70.00/month in programming + $15/month in Receiver costs. Maybe you guys use new math in Detroit, but this looks like it pays for itself by $119/month plus the 2 G's

I didn’t know they where bribing you with free too 120

Since when was it proper to install a non pen roof mount on a sloped roof?

Besides that, where is the teather!

That right there is a liability hazard, the non pen mount could slip down the roof on to the side walk. If someone is below they could be injured or killed.

They need to either screw a mast into the roof like a Dish install, or get a non pen mount that sits on the eve in a V shape and is supported on both ends up equally distribute the weight of the mount.
I didn't do the install. Dish had partnered with another company that did these VERY early installs of this system. I heard the other day that they ended that partnership because of things like this, and also because they can't handle the workload.

That's fine with me, just means more work for us. I have a feeling we'll be reinstalling all the jobs they put in so far. The pictures you see is a job I rolled on to swap a modem at the site. I haven't done an install yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat

As far as having things rebooted, the surge protector used has an IP address for each individual plug, so they can control what's plugged into it remotely.

I see non-pen mounts quite often on mildly sloped roofs with no tethers. Mostly they're on businesses supporting Hughes two-way dishes for POS and lottery systems. On steeper peaked roofs, non-pen straddle mounts are pretty common, at least in the northeast.

I see non-pen mounts quite often on mildly sloped roofs with no tethers. Mostly they're on businesses supporting Hughes two-way dishes for POS and lottery systems. On steeper peaked roofs, non-pen straddle mounts are pretty common, at least in the northeast.
Yeah the one in the picture above is VERY slightly sloped, and there's a skid pad under it. Even still, I think we'll be redoing that.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)