Dish Network to Discount OTA Antennas for HD

I just got the royal shaft it seems from the local guy here. He sent two kids that can't be 20 years old to install a Terk HD antennae

I can get 4 PBS channels, lol.......woot but I assume it's just not pointed where it's needed to be. They are coming back but I think I might need to get a refund/remove this mess and get another installer to come with the right stuff

any ideas ?

oh, it cost me 200 bucks and I have really nothing to show for it and they used the amp and I read don't use that after they left so I removed it

ughhhhhh

Terk?? What model did you have installed? I hate to say it, but there are several better options for less money than Terk.

it is called something like the HDTVo and i cant recall a model #
It is made by audiovox and thats all i can say as i am not at home
I already called the installer that had this installed and told him that if i cant get the HD locals thencome and remove it

I might want to get DISH to send someone else when I replace my DISH for the 1000.2 or whatever that newer DISH is as i have no confidence in these young kids
I mean they had to use my tools!!!!

A cresent wrench is not the one tool to installl stuff and that is ALL I saw them with

laughable if it was not so sad!!\

Is this "offer" still valid ? It seemed like most people who called Dish about it found that the reps knew nothing about.

Maybe it can be un-stickied now anyway...

I have an Amplified Square Shooter SS-2000 on my roof next to the dish just outside the 275 loop on the east side of Cincinnati. Sometimes I get great signals but often I get so many drop outs that it makes watching the channel impossible. And I wish there was an option to turn off the error screen that says the signal dropped, requiring pushing the select button to remove it. If I am trying to watch a show with all the dropouts the error screen ends up blocking what I signal I can get. The dropouts also seem to be seasonal or occur more often during prime time (when I want to record something). For instance, the end of August or early September seem to have few if any dropouts but come October I get almost constant dropouts.

I saw a video somewhere on the Internet of a guy who made his own "antenna" by taking a 2-3 foot piece of cable and removing the outer protection off of the end without the connector so that the copper wire was exposed. I just tried this and I get pretty much the same signal strengh as when I connect the Square Shooter from the roof. When I unplug the amplifier for the Square Shooter the signal only goes down a point or two if at any.

I get both Dayton channels and some Cincinnati channels (except I have never been able to get ABC-HD which comes on channel 10 instead of UFH). Fox and it's second channel are also hard to get. When I can get the Dayton NBC and CBS channels they are often a better signal than the closer Cincinnati ones but then somedays I cannot get them at all.

My setup uses the same cable for both the satellite and the OTA antenna. A splitter s used on both ends to separate the signals again. I was told this is fine as the two use different frequencies but it does make me wonder if I would get a better result with two separate cables.

It would be very nice to get local Cincinnati HD via the satellite (however it is nice that I can record the OTA signal AND two other dish programs with the 622). In the Charlie Chats they always say that if your city has a professional football team then you are likely to be at the top of the list for getting local HD. I guess there are not enough Bengal fans who have Dish Network to get us higher on that list. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)