Dish Network to Drop FSN Chicago effective 11/29

garn9173

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Ankeny, IA
to be replaced with CSN Chicago April 1, 2005. My question is, will those in FSN's Chicago area be allowed access to either FSN Midwest or North without having to subscribe to the multi pack? After all, here in Iowa, we are in the coverage area for both FSN Midwest and FSN North.

My biggest concern is not being able to access FSN programming like Big 12 Showcase, Missouri Valley Conference, ACC, and Pac-10 basketball as well as when NASCAR get's crancked back up in February.

If the Bulls were anything to watch, I guess I'd be more upset. What's going to be on Comcast Chicago?

Yeah, I'm going to be missing two U of Illinois basketball games because of this. Very irritating.

garn9173 said:
My question is, will those in FSN's Chicago area be allowed access to either FSN Midwest or North without having to subscribe to the multi pack? After all, here in Iowa, we are in the coverage area for both FSN Midwest and FSN North.

No - just because E* is removing FSC doesn't mean they are going to give you ANOTHER FSN in it's place, nor will it change the qualifiacations for those other FSN's - if you need MS to get them now, you'll STILL need MS.

Even though i'm in the designated market for Minnesota, St. Louis and Kansas City? That's a raw deal if i've heard of one. I already subsribe to multi-sport and was thinking about cancelling it, guess I won't be doing that if I want FSN programming :mad:
dishrich said:
No - just because E* is removing FSC doesn't mean they are going to give you ANOTHER FSN in it's place, nor will it change the qualifiacations for those other FSN's - if you need MS to get them now, you'll STILL need MS.

multi sport free of charge until comcast chicago is launched

I'm new to these forums, they are great. I came across these forums when I became concerned about dish showing comcast chicago. At the same time I found these forums I emailed dish and today 11/26 they sent me this reply :

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. Effective Monday, November 29, FOX Sports Net Chicago, Channel 421, will no longer be available on DISH Network due to the significant changes in programming content. However, we are pleased to announce that effective 4/1/05, DISH Network intends to launch Comcast Sports Net Chicago, which now has rights to the Chicago Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs and White Sox.

If you currently subscribe to the America's Top 60 Plus package, we will add the Multi-Sport package to your account at no additional charge until Comcast Sports Net Chicago is launched on 4/1/05. Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,

DISH Network

later,
Dennis

dmigut - who did you email? I submitted a message about it through the customer service form on the Dish site a couple days ago and haven't heard back yet.

I used the dishnetwork.com site and just emailed customer service. I sent my email out on November 9th. They had sent me a prior email around the 17th saying they were in negotiations, then today I had the email that I posted.

Dennis

dmigut said:
I used the dishnetwork.com site and just emailed customer service. I sent my email out on November 9th. They had sent me a prior email around the 17th saying they were in negotiations, then today I had the email that I posted.

Dennis

Thanks. Sounds like I might have a little while longer to wait to hear back from them.

Wow, that's actually a pretty good deal. Drop FSN Chicago and they'll be giving you all the channels in multi-sport, pretty sweet.

BFG said:
Wow, that's actually a pretty good deal. Drop FSN Chicago and they'll be giving you all the channels in multi-sport, pretty sweet.

How do you figure this is sweet, considering that most folks in the Chicago FSC area will not get any of the pro-sports prog on those other RSN's? I guarantee you that when the majority of these customers find out they CANNOT see the Bulls, or any of the colligate stuff on FSC, they will NOT be impressed when told of the "substitute" they are getting until next April. ;) ;)

What the heck are you talking about?

There are no pro sports on FSN Chicago,that's why they are dropping the channel.

The multi-sport is a better deal because they get to see all the other non-pro sports from all of the other networks versus just what FSN Chi would've shown.

My question is why s Comcast Chicago not up yet for consumers? I understand its being uplinked. I don't get why Dish is saying it will launch before April 1st. Why not launch it now?

It's SAD that the only people watching Comcast Sportsnet Chicago are hackers. :( Dish really needs to take care of their PAYING customers better.

BFG said:
What the heck are you talking about?

There are no pro sports on FSN Chicago,that's why they are dropping the channel.

The multi-sport is a better deal because they get to see all the other non-pro sports from all of the other networks versus just what FSN Chi would've shown.

Except they are showing some local college sports that will not be on any other RSN, so local fans of those teams will be SOL. Getting a local RSN should be mandatory. That being said, there is NO way that they should put off CSN-C. Nightly sports show, Bears post game & other programming other than the Bulls, it should be added NOW. I for one won't wait until 4/1/05. My grandfathered distant network status expires 12/31, if no deal by then, I'm gone! I probably will end up back with Comcrap, since they are the only spot to watch the home games in HD. I will keep my 811 & E* HD package only until Comcast adds TNT-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts