DISH Network to Feature Sneak Preview of NBC Series Premiere of Friday Night Lights

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ChetK said:
That's right. It's not YOUR drive space. Does the 622 not record 30 hours of HD that it promises to record?

I understand your point. But E* has a business to run.
Their business would be more profitable, in that I would be more likely to have a higher monthly bill, maybe even buy some PPV movies, were they to allow me to use ALL of the hard drive that I OWN in the receiver that I OWN. What would the capacity be of a ViP622 unencumbered by the reserved E* VOD space? I'm guessing somewhere around 50 hours HD / 300 hours SD recording space.

(unfortunately when I subscribed the agreement includes the right for them to download content of their choosing to MY hard drive, oh well)

Last edited:
I still have nothing on the tv entertainment screen recorded yet. Isn't that why Dish rushed this crappy p.o.s. software out in the first place?

Also, do not have it. I would assume it's streamed once selected to watch to the HD vs just wasting bandwidth to push all of that content to every user

Dish is trying to do "something" to compete with Cable's VOD services. They really have an uphill battle on this one. Since they can't stream "on demand" from a in-house server like the Cable Co's can, they have to "pre-stream" the stuff to the partion on the Hard Drives of our DVRs in order to offer a similar service.

Cyclone said:
Dish is trying to do "something" to compete with Cable's VOD services. They really have an uphill battle on this one. Since they can't stream "on demand" from a in-house server like the Cable Co's can, they have to "pre-stream" the stuff to the partion on the Hard Drives of our DVRs in order to offer a similar service.

They could prove they're better than cable by not offering any such thing. It's a waste of bandwidth that could be used for more basic services on cable too.

sweetbronxyankee said:
HAS ANYONE GOT THIS SERVICE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LAUNCH TODAY?
I TRIED UPDATING MY DVR625 BUT NO NEW PROGRAMS YET...:confused:

Nope.

I wonder if they have pulled back on the "push" of this service's programming given the absolute disaster the latest software has been on the 622.

pretty major public relations disaster on their hands (not that they care nor is this unusual).

I sent an email yesterday to CEO@dish about this flaw in their logic (and taking the opportunity to again complain about the pathetic implementation of DoD that only gives you 24 hours to watch, pay more for than PPV, and lose features and information on the program that otherwise would have been available such as Caller ID and oh gosh, even finding the RATING for the movies...). i also mentioned the audio problems on the 622 with the latest release.

Got a pretty quick message back with a CANNED response. They have gotten so bad that they copy and paste a form letter and actually don't notice when they change the header and use a completely different font AND COLOR. it is the same exact message that was received by others regarding the audio drop-out issue leaving me to wonder if A) they read the message at all, B) this is the response they send to everything now, C) the response was the same for both issues, or D) they have filters or blinders setup and only respond to what they choose.

Nice...

I missed he show and would have watched it on demand to at least check out the service "and" the show. I wonder if the producers of FNL would care if I mentioned to them that I will not even bother watching their show now thanks to this screw up? Maybe that's what it takes, hit them on the botom line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts