Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You might have seen the offer that DirecTV is offering for new subscribers at DirecTV.COM.

I have received word from a few CSR's that they are seeing this message on the screen
CUSTOMER IS IN DIRECTV SPECIAL OFFER MARKET. IF CUST MENTIONS DIRECTV OFFER OR IS ASKING WHAT SPECIAL OFFERS WE HAVE GO TO DIRECTVQ4 OFFER ON CSC/DS WEB FOR SCRIPTING AND OFFERS. CUST MAY NEEDTO BE TRANSFERRED TO WINBACK. OFFER EXPIRES 12/31/07

It appears that Dish Network is MATCHING DirecTV's offer. So if your signing up for Dish you might want mention the DirecTV offer and see what you get. :)

You can also call DishStore.NET Monday through Friday and they can help find you the best deal possible. :)

Just a FYI.

Interesting DIRECTV is now up to 2 year commitment with the HD DVR lease. It also looks like you cannot buy the HD-DVR receiver. They also have the extras HD pack on there for 4.99.

You might have seen the offer that DirecTV is offering for new subscribers at DirecTV.COM.

I have received word from a few CSR's that they are seeing this message on the screen

It appears that Dish Network is MATCHING DirecTV's offer. So if your signing up for Dish you might want mention the DirecTV offer and see what you get. :)

You can also call DishStore.NET Monday through Friday and they can help find you the best deal possible. :)

Just a FYI.

Phooey! :p

You beat me to the post. I just noticed that note on some of my workorders scheduled for today and tomorrow.

It not only applies to new connects, but it also shows on DIU's (upgrades).

so, for HD upgrades, is it still $199 and $100 rebate for the 722 and 6 months free HD?

TIA,
geek

Interesting DIRECTV is now up to 2 year commitment with the HD DVR lease. It also looks like you cannot buy the HD-DVR receiver. They also have the extras HD pack on there for 4.99.

The 2 year contract for advanced products (HD, DVR, HD-DVR) has been at 2 years for just about two years now. I got my first H20 in December of 2005, and my 2 years would be up next month. I had to extend it again when I got my first HR20 DVR.

I'm staying commitment free for the coming year, this next year should prove pivotal for satellite HD and I don't want to be locked into any provider just yet.

NightRyder

Phooey! :p

You beat me to the post. I just noticed that note on some of my workorders scheduled for today and tomorrow.

It not only applies to new connects, but it also shows on DIU's (upgrades).

Excuse my ignorance but what are DUI's.......as I am a current Dishnetwork sub what offer could I get with this? Thanks in advance

Excuse my ignorance but what are DUI's.......as I am a current Dishnetwork sub what offer could I get with this? Thanks in advance

Well, a DUI is a bad thing! DUI = Driving Under the Influence. Sorry, coudn't resist. A DIU which Webbydude referred to is probably a Dishin' It Up promotion for existing subs to upgrade equipment.

Well, a DUI is a bad thing! DUI = Driving Under the Influence. Sorry, coudn't resist. A DIU which Webbydude referred to is probably a Dishin' It Up promotion for existing subs to upgrade equipment.

Np....anyway what could I get with this as far as an upgrade? I have a vip622 downstairs but would love to switch my vip211 for a 622 or 722...any ideas?
:eureka

There is not that much difference between their HD channels now and Dish Hardware is allot better than anything Direct has.

I'm not switching, but there is now a HUGE difference, Poke...

...Bravo, Cartoon, FX, MGM, SciFI, Smithsonian, USA, CNN, Weather, CNBC, Fox Biz, Cinemax W, HBO W, Movie Channel, Sho Too, Showtime W, Starz W, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids, Fuel, Speed, MTV, VH1, CMT, Spike, Nickelodeon...

some of those are even real HD channels :)

If only they could provide the same HD....................

patience, grasshoppa.

An echostar bird or two gets launched, the HD comes, and there should be most if not all the services DIRECTV has in HD (less FOX "makes up business news - AMD/GOOG" Business Channel, at least).

...Bravo, Cartoon, FX, MGM, SciFI, Smithsonian, USA, CNN, Weather, CNBC, Fox Biz, Cinemax W, HBO W, Movie Channel, Sho Too, Showtime W, Starz W, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids, Fuel, Speed, MTV, VH1, CMT, Spike, Nickelodeon...

You guys are like Marketing Reps.

Every program on HBO-W-HD is on Dish Network in HD, 3 hours before it is shown on HBO-W ! .

The same applies for Starz-W, Shotime-W, Cinemax-W, etc.

The idea that you include those to make your lists look long is sad.

Also, all of the HD content from MTV/VH-1/CMT is on Dish Network on M-HD and even so it repeat every day or two. :rolleyes:

The most important point is that the writers are on strike, so there is no new programming, SD or HD, until long after EchoStar launches its two satellites.

Which ones?

Which ones?

FX, MGM, SciFI, Smithsonian, USA, CNN, Weather, Cinemax W, HBO W, Movie Channel, Sho Too, Showtime W, Starz W, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids, Spike. You could include CNBC and FBN since they do make use of the 16x9 realestate and aren't a straight SD upconvert.

You guys are like Marketing Reps.

Every program on HBO-W-HD is on Dish Network in HD, 3 hours before it is shown on HBO-W ! .

The same applies for Starz-W, Shotime-W, Cinemax-W, etc.

The idea that you include those to make your lists look long is sad.
West coast channels are valid to count. If you don't have a DVR you might miss something on the east coast channels that you may see on the west coast channel. Even if you have a DVR, west coast channels can help avoid schedule conflicts. If you already have 2 things recording you can use the west coast to get around the schedule conflict that would be caused by trying to record a 3rd thing.

I am just an average tv viewer/consumer. I was originally with Dish and switched to Direct when there was a conflict Viacom and I lossed my local CBS affliate. Two years ago I moved into the HD age and had to chose between Dish and Direct. Direct was showing all of the adds with the TVs moving to the window and getting HD TV. I read posts on this website and decided it was time to move back to Dish. After reading the posts--I have come to the conclusion that it will take Dish quite a while to match the bandwith of DirectTV and the number of HD channels. I am someone that will be switching. From what I read on this post Dish isn't going to give a timeline and I know as a customer they onlly care about you when you leave them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)