Dish Network To Match DirecTV Offer?

I'm sure those channels will show on Dish. But most cable companies won't have most of the HD channels that Dish and Direct have for some time.

You guys are like Marketing Reps.

Every program on HBO-W-HD is on Dish Network in HD, 3 hours before it is shown on HBO-W ! .

The same applies for Starz-W, Shotime-W, Cinemax-W, etc.

The idea that you include those to make your lists look long is sad.

Also, all of the HD content from MTV/VH-1/CMT is on Dish Network on M-HD and even so it repeat every day or two. :rolleyes:

The most important point is that the writers are on strike, so there is no new programming, SD or HD, until long after EchoStar launches its two satellites.

DIU is an "dish in it up" basically an upgrade for your equipment such as to a DVR ofr HD just give us a call at 1-800-333-3474---DISH TSR III

what about upgrading mmy programming, does that count? I would jump to the AT250 to get Versus so I can watch a few extra hockey games a week.

Im seeing this on new connect work orders also!

Instead of warning their CSR's about it, and getting all worried about loosing customers over it, why don't they just match or beat Directv's offer so this is no longer an issue.

The way I see it, Dish is getting killed by D*'s roll out of the new channels. Case and point. Our HD new connect work load is way down over the last 4 weeks. We are a retailer/contractor for Dish .We also operate a DBA on the D* side for sales. Our sales people are getting fer more D* inquiries than E*.
Perhaps E* won't match the promo across the board because they can't. SO they giove it to people who threaten to cancel and go over to D*. Hence the mention of winback on the w/o.

Man go more mail from Direct TV today wanting me to switch seems like I get one letter a month now for the last 3 months.

Could somone summarize exactly what DirecTV deal is being offered that Dish might match when you call to order? Is it much better than what Dish is offering now?

I asked the same question but didn't find an answer on here.
So, I'll ask this question:

Who has the BETTER picture quality? D* or E*?
It looks like the channel count is going to be equal or close to equal, so who puts out the best resolution?

I am being offered a promotion if I am willing to move, so I have to say how perfect the timing is for my E* contract to run out last month.

I asked the same question but didn't find an answer on here.
So, I'll ask this question:

Who has the BETTER picture quality? D* or E*?
It looks like the channel count is going to be equal or close to equal, so who puts out the best resolution?

I am being offered a promotion if I am willing to move, so I have to say how perfect the timing is for my E* contract to run out last month.

All the old D* channels, (HBO/Showtime/ESPN/ESPN2/UniHD/TNT/HD Theater/HDNet Movies/HDNET) are still on the old MPEG2 system and has the lower resolution of the HD channels. All the new HD channels, according to a number of folks including Scott G., say they're at full resolution and many folks say they are some of the best looking HD out there. IIRC, E* has been downrezzing most of their HD channels and even a bit of bit starving due to their bandwidth crunch they're currently in that won't be resolved until the new sats they're launching get up.

Anyone have any luck with a Dish rep offering the DirecTV promo prices? I just got off the phone with dish, and after beatin' around the bush, I asked straight out if they had any kind of price-matching program with DirecTV and they said no....and he finally said, "good luck in finding a better price than this.."

Anyone have any luck with a Dish rep offering the DirecTV promo prices? I just got off the phone with dish, and after beatin' around the bush, I asked straight out if they had any kind of price-matching program with DirecTV and they said no....and he finally said, "good luck in finding a better price than this.."
ON my w/o's there is a canned statement that instructs us to call the 'Winback" dept. if in the event a customer wishes to cancel and go over to D*.
That tells me that Dish will meet the D* promo to advance customer retention.
So it may be in your best interest to call Dish with the specific purpose of a threat to cancel because you think D* has a better deal. That may work in your favor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts