Dish Network TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yup! we used to have a promo going on about 8 years ago to get a dish tv and 811, don't remember the cost but I think only had two sizes like the 35 and 42 maybe. It was just a tv with the dish brand name. :D

I remember that, there wasn't more than about 7 or 8 hd channels at the time. Seemed to be a pretty good deal for what it was.

We have a couple of them lurking around in the building.

All support for them goes to another company now (digging around for the name but can't seem to find it)

Before that, going back probably 12 or so years ago, there were TVs with integrated DirecTV tuners. I remember seeing them in Circuit City at one point. They wern't DirecTV branded though, just had the tuner so you didn't need an external STB. I believe either RCA or Toshiba made them.

yup! we used to have a promo going on about 8 years ago to get a dish tv and 811, don't remember the cost but I think only had two sizes like the 35 and 42 maybe. It was just a tv with the dish brand name. :D

Couldn't have been 8 years ago. 8 years ago was 2003, the beginning of the DishPro era. The Dish receivers out at the time were the 301, 501/508, the 6000 and the 4900 was just at EOL. The 721 was introduced in the Spring of that year I beleve.

from 2003 Team Summit DISH NETWORK TEAM SUMMIT 2003 PHOTOS
MVC-014S.JPG"The Dish 811 is basically a replacement for the Model 6,000 with the following features. Its scheduled for release early fall or by the end of the year.."

I never, and I mean never, had issues with my 811...... I passed it along to a friend and he never, and I mean never, had issues either......

The issues I had were mainly when trying to watch OTA then flipping back to satellite. The receiver would crash requiring a reboot.

I've read other horror stories about the 811/381 here too..but maybe the issues started after a software upgrade

The issues I had were mainly when trying to watch OTA then flipping back to satellite. The receiver would crash requiring a reboot.

I've read other horror stories about the 811/381 here too..but maybe the issues started after a software upgrade
Face it the 811 just didn't like the fact you had FTA equipment next to it. lol

It is interesting what Dish had to do to try and get HDTV's into homes so some return could be gotten on the HD channels and their big honking bandwidth use because HDTV's were so expensive at the time. Everyone was waiting for the tipping point of critical mass for either the HD channels or the HDTV to occur. I thought it was a clever idea, especially since the prototype was a Sony and Sony was origianlly going to manufacture the Dish HDTV units, but . . . Thompson could do it more "affordable" (cheap). CRT was chosen because at the time LCD was WAY too expensive and plasmas had problems at high altitudes. It really wasn't long before Dish abandoned selling the TV's as part of a package because the price of HDTV's finally came down low enough (still pretty high back then still) for sufficient numbers of people to get their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts