Dish Network Verizon merger ???

I think you need someone to look at what you are paying for. You are not paying a small fee to add Internet, you are paying a big fee for the others. Internet alone at regular speeds can't be anywhere near $179. And while possible to pay $179 to DISH including equipment fees that is high also. Top 250, HBO, Movie Pack, Hopper, Two Joeys can be $125 - $130. If you need all the premiums and more equipment then I guess it gets to $179. Just pointing out it seems it could be lower for both the Cable and the Satellite.

You may be right. In fact, I just got my Dish bill today and it is broken down like this:

02/28/17-03/27/17 MONTHLY TV
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING 134.99
LOCAL CHANNELS 10.00
HD DVR RECEIVER 10.00
PROTECTION PLAN 8.00
DVR SERVICE 7.00
STATE COST RECOVERY FEE 0.48
FCC REGULATORY FEE 0.03
$170.50
02/12/17 ONE-TIME CHARGES
02/12/17 TECH VISIT 0.00
$0.00
02/13/17 TAXES
02/13/17 STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES) 10.83
$10.83

Your Card will be charged on 02/28/17 $181.33

I don't know how to get it cheaper without loosing things. I have a 722 in the den and a 612 in the bedroom. I really never got into Hopper or sling or any of that stuff. I get all the movie channels so that adds up as well.

My cable bill came in too and it comes to $179.38 with taxes (BTW, I only get 6mb speed but we live way out in the country). It includes one STB with DVR and one additional STB without DVR. I also have their HD package. The bundle includes land line phone, internet and the tv.

So, yea I am paying $360 a month for this stuff not including the $55 for Verizon cell service, but I have cable to back me up during storms when Dish goes out or something goes wrong and I have several Dish channels I can't get on cable that I really want to have. If I want all this and I am unwilling to compromise (which I am not), then I have to resolve myself to pay the price, savor it all, enjoy the convenience and just forget the money part of it.

One thing... you can drop the protection plan to knock $8 off. You can always add it back if you ever need it. ;)
Also drop to Top 250, and Get HBO for $10 for 12 months, Showtime for $7.50 for 6 months, Max for $10, Starz for $10.
Then in 30 days try and remove Cinemax and Starz and they will be offered at $5 each to keep them for 6 months.

Top 250 $94.99 with locals
DVR $7
HBO $10
SHOW $7.50
STARZ $10
CINEMAX $10
Vip612 $10

Total $149.49 +your taxes
Or $139.49 + your taxes with the Starz/ Cinemax $5 option

Reactions: pattykay
Also drop to Top 250, and Get HBO for $10 for 12 months, Showtime for $7.50 for 6 months, Max for $10, Starz for $10.
Then in 30 days try and remove Cinemax and Starz and they will be offered at $5 each to keep them for 6 months.

Top 250 $94.99 with locals
DVR $7
HBO $10
SHOW $7.50
STARZ $10
CINEMAX $10
Vip612 $10

Total $149.49 +your taxes
Or $139.49 + your taxes with the Starz/ Cinemax $5 option
Here is what I get.
I only have the Top 200 though.
Screenshot_20170215-150421.png

I just read a headline that VERIZON is in talks to buy YAHOO. So with all this buying deals going on , who still thinks it is DISH they are buying? I just don't see it .

If Verizon want to make a bid a Dish them buying Yahoo will not effect anything Yahoo is already a dead horse way overdue to be put in the pasture.. It will come down to Dish more than anything like it always has in the past. :) Either way it would be a win win for both parties.. :)

I don't see what a Yahoo deal has anything to do with Dish?
4.8 billion is a drop in a hat and has nothing to do with a Cable or Satellite merger that could take place.

That Yahoo acquisition is old news anyway, that was announced back in July of '16, and it might not even go through after Yahoo's big data breach was found out. Verizon was wanting to significantly reduce the price, and last I read, Yahoo had put the whole thing on pause.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Now that T-Mobile has spent two years disrupting the wireless industry, executives are thinking the pay-TV market may also be in need of a shake-up.

“Talk about a poster child for an industry that has really kind of ignored customers and ignored customer cares and gouged at every corner,” Legere said of the pay-TV market during T-Mobile’s earnings call Tuesday. “Clearly, I salivate when I think about the possibilities of changing some of those (video) industries. And frankly, I’m fascinated with how little AT&T has done since they spent the mother lode buying DirecTV, and pretty much have let it sit on the side, and still be an old, crappy linear TV that they bundle weakly with their unlimited offer, so maybe more to come.”

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/t-mobile-execs-eye-pay-tv-industry

Now that T-Mobile has spent two years disrupting the wireless industry, executives are thinking the pay-TV market may also be in need of a shake-up.

“Talk about a poster child for an industry that has really kind of ignored customers and ignored customer cares and gouged at every corner,” Legere said of the pay-TV market during T-Mobile’s earnings call Tuesday. “Clearly, I salivate when I think about the possibilities of changing some of those (video) industries. And frankly, I’m fascinated with how little AT&T has done since they spent the mother lode buying DirecTV, and pretty much have let it sit on the side, and still be an old, crappy linear TV that they bundle weakly with their unlimited offer, so maybe more to come.”

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/t-mobile-execs-eye-pay-tv-industry
I agree AT&T really has done nothing for Directv.
But I expect the no less from Tmobile or Verizon.
And the owner of T mobile is a Clown.

You may be right. In fact, I just got my Dish bill today and it is broken down like this:

02/28/17-03/27/17 MONTHLY TV
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING 134.99
LOCAL CHANNELS 10.00
HD DVR RECEIVER 10.00
PROTECTION PLAN 8.00
DVR SERVICE 7.00
STATE COST RECOVERY FEE 0.48
FCC REGULATORY FEE 0.03
$170.50
02/12/17 ONE-TIME CHARGES
02/12/17 TECH VISIT 0.00
$0.00
02/13/17 TAXES
02/13/17 STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES) 10.83
$10.83

Your Card will be charged on 02/28/17 $181.33

I don't know how to get it cheaper without loosing things. I have a 722 in the den and a 612 in the bedroom. I really never got into Hopper or sling or any of that stuff. I get all the movie channels so that adds up as well.

My cable bill came in too and it comes to $179.38 with taxes (BTW, I only get 6mb speed but we live way out in the country). It includes one STB with DVR and one additional STB without DVR. I also have their HD package. The bundle includes land line phone, internet and the tv.

So, yea I am paying $360 a month for this stuff not including the $55 for Verizon cell service, but I have cable to back me up during storms when Dish goes out or something goes wrong and I have several Dish channels I can't get on cable that I really want to have. If I want all this and I am unwilling to compromise (which I am not), then I have to resolve myself to pay the price, savor it all, enjoy the convenience and just forget the money part of it.

At least you know what you want and realize it isn't going to be cheap. Maybe move? :)
On the DISH side if you still want all the premium movie channels you can save some money this way;
Get the Top 250 (And you should look closely at comparing Top 200 and Top 250 - there are very few channels difference. See if you can do without those few channels)
Add Cinemax and Starz @ $10 each. I believe HBO is still also available @ $10. Showtime is $15.
You can also get $10 off whichever Top package you pick, and an additional $5 off for using Autopay, for a total of $15 a month for two years, no package price increase during that time. Requires a two year contract- this is an existing customer promotion.

Drop the Protection plan. DISH allows you to add when you need it, then keep it for a few months and then drop it again. (If you drop it sooner there is a charge)

Reactions: satjay
At least you know what you want and realize it isn't going to be cheap. Maybe move? :)
On the DISH side if you still want all the premium movie channels you can save some money this way;
Get the Top 250 (And you should look closely at comparing Top 200 and Top 250 - there are very few channels difference. See if you can do without those few channels)
Add Cinemax and Starz @ $10 each. I believe HBO is still also available @ $10. Showtime is $15.
You can also get $10 off whichever Top package you pick, and an additional $5 off for using Autopay, for a total of $15 a month for two years, no package price increase during that time. Requires a two year contract- this is an existing customer promotion.

Drop the Protection plan. DISH allows you to add when you need it, then keep it for a few months and then drop it again. (If you drop it sooner there is a charge)

It seems you're leaving out Movie Pack to get the Epix channels and a few others. To me Epix is one of the reasons to have Dish over DTV, a lot of the newer movies are on it. I missed it between having FiOS and Dish (had DTV in between)

It seems you're leaving out Movie Pack to get the Epix channels and a few others. To me Epix is one of the reasons to have Dish over DTV, a lot of the newer movies are on it. I missed it between having FiOS and Dish (had DTV in between)
I didn't mention many other options such as the Sports Pack either which often can be had for less than the full cost. My post was to address where he can save and not lose anything not every option.... His post doesn't show he gets the movie pack but should he want it that too can be had for less than the full cost. I've been getting the Movie pack for $5 for a quite sometime now.

Call him what you will, he upended the wireless industry. Verizon wouldn't have unlimited data right now if it weren't for him.
What ever, Thats a whole other debate.

When you have a quarter of the infrastructure and a fraction of customers using your networks, you can offer your customers more for less.

Unlimited data doesn't mean a thing when it only achievable in big citys, and completely useless everywhere else.

Verizon and AT&T are and have been doing Just fine for years and will continue to ,No matter what this Clown wants to try take credit for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Verizon and AT&T had wireless roots long before T mobile.
So thank them that T mobile even have a wireless system in place since they've had to fall back on AT&T towers for years to even approach their claimed coverage.

Here is just one article where AT&T has carried T Mobiles BS network.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ying-roaming-instead-building-its-own-network

I didn't mention many other options such as the Sports Pack either which often can be had for less than the full cost. My post was to address where he can save and not lose anything not every option.... His post doesn't show he gets the movie pack but should he want it that too can be had for less than the full cost. I've been getting the Movie pack for $5 for a quite sometime now.

If he has the everything pack now, doesn't that include Epix? (since he said he doesn't want to lose anything)

Call him what you will, he upended the wireless industry. Verizon wouldn't have unlimited data right now if it weren't for him.
While I do agree whenever I see him in ad, he just seems like a crazy joke. But, I couldn't agree with you more, he's single-handedly changed the wireless industry for the better and he's not done yet!

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts