Dish Network Verizon merger ???

I've always had good luck with Verizon myself. Its T-mobile if you get outside metro areas service gets spotty and non existent in many areas despite what the commercials say. I would think Verizon would be by far the most appealing carrier if a merger was to happen.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have been with Verizon Wireless for over 15 years. Their service is generally the best available at most locations, especially rural.
My bill for 2 cell phones and a USB data dongle topped out at about $225/month. My current bill for 2 cell phones is under $75/month. No longer need the USB dongle. If I were to duplicate my old equipment and usage my current plan would still be under $125/month.
Applying that ratio to my Dish service I would be under $50/month for 2 Hopper with Sling and a Joey with top 120 programming.
I'll take the Verizon Wireless approach every time.

Well it will certainly be interesting.

But seriously would Verizon rather pick up a Satellite provider or another Land Line service ?
Keep in mind how they hardly up keep half their infrastructure now.

The Fios customers are taken care of , but the rest OMG.

I would place my money on Verizon buying Dish.

And Tampa makes excellent points, and I remember all of those claims of Verizon never working with Dish.

But the fact is its all about money.
It would be stupid for Verizon and or Dish to walk away from this deal, with that other Cash cow( AT&T) hanging around.

When T mobile wants to supply land line Internet options at the speeds that are currently in place with the Cable and Fiber industry, well that would be IMO a different story.

But all T mobile can offer is great service in the big citys, but Nothing to where Verizon already has Landline and Wireless services in the Rural areas.

I'm in Pa and there are 30 miles radius patches all over the state where T Mobile is dead.
And Yes I had 1 T mobile Prepaid phone up until last December.
Because I was going to consider the service myself.
It just simply didn't work where it needed to.
These reason lead me to believe Charlie would lean to Verizon.

Unless TV sales are down, I don't think most people are using cell phone data to watch TV.

during my sentence oh contract with verizon fios sucked, calling customer service was a ordeal, get thru many auto attendants only to hear all reps are busy now please try your call again later goodbye,

i called to cancel my expensive outgoing phone calling package on my business line, since i was using my cell phone instead.

the idiot CSR cancelled my business line, they fixed it within a hour, but the system burped a couple days later, and again called my business line. that took many days to fix

i finally had verizon remove everything from mu home, all the fios stuff along with all the copper infrastructure outside. the tech who did the removal said you arent the only one.

they had refused to remove anything till I told them I am getting a large banner printed VERIZON FIOS SUCKS,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: reddice
If Dish is merging with anyone I believe it's T mobile.

I was chatting with Charlie Ergens son at CES a few years ago and he was talking about dish and T-Mobile.
Nope won't be T-Mobile (at least I don't think so), I was with Charlie when T Mobile was having their CES event this year and was giving him updates as they happened.

To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers in the event of network congestion.

That's exactly what ATT does. There are many on HoFo who have ATT unlimited and have never been de-prioritized even after exceeding the 22 gb. It's strictly up to the tower status at the time.

It's not perfect, but VZW has been really aggressive about getting rid of the existing unlimited data plans. Nobody else offers a pure unlimited. So, this new offering is better than nothing for those of us without access to wired broadband.

I hope it is indeed Verizon. I am paying way too much for technology and perhaps Verizon could bundle things together and make it cheaper. I pay $179 a month for Dish, the exact same every month for cable (which provides tv, land line and internet) and $55 for a Verizon cell service. That is a lot of money every month. The internet service is slow but it is the only game in town out here in the sticks where I live. The tv and phone part of it are bundled so they come as only small fee add on to the internet service. I want to keep Dish because it has channels I want and can't get on my cable (which does not even have CNN in HD yet!). So I am stuck with all these companies and would love Verizon to come in and maybe put packages together that would save me some money.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I hope it is indeed Verizon. I am paying way too much for technology and perhaps Verizon could bundle things together and make it cheaper. I pay $179 a month for Dish, the exact same every month for cable (which provides tv, land line and internet) and $55 for a Verizon cell service. That is a lot of money every month. The internet service is slow but it is the only game in town out here in the sticks where I live. The tv and phone part of it are bundled so they come as only small fee add on to the internet service. I want to keep Dish because it has channels I want and can't get on my cable (which does not even have CNN in HD yet!). So I am stuck with all these companies and would love Verizon to come in and maybe put packages together that would save me some money.

I think you need someone to look at what you are paying for. You are not paying a small fee to add Internet, you are paying a big fee for the others. Internet alone at regular speeds can't be anywhere near $179. And while possible to pay $179 to DISH including equipment fees that is high also. Top 250, HBO, Movie Pack, Hopper, Two Joeys can be $125 - $130. If you need all the premiums and more equipment then I guess it gets to $179. Just pointing out it seems it could be lower for both the Cable and the Satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)