Dish Network VIP222K with Multiple TV's

SVTCobraLTD

Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
PA
I am trying to find out how I can hook up more than 2 TV's to this receiver. I want them independent of each other though. Is this possible? I do have 2 dishes on my roof but currently one 1 is being used. Anyone?

The 222k only has two tuners (and two outputs)....you can hook as many TV's to each output but they all have to watch whatever tuner they are hooked to

As example my dad has 3 TV's off the tv2 output on his 625. They all see the same program. The main TV on TV1 can see other channels.

Two things...

1) Does the multiswitch get hooked up before receiver for two tv's to see the same programing or after? Is ther any kinda of diagram?

2) I have 2 dishes on my roof. Without an additional receiver, can I do anything with the additional dish?

# of dishes means little. # of tuners means almost everything.

Are your two dishes looking at the same sats? Different sats? Which dishes, and where are they pointing? Go to checkswitch to find out.

I suggest you look into the Hopper/Joey system, which might serve your needs better. Hard to tell, need more info, such as # of TVs, how many need independent watching, how many likely to just watch DVR'd material, etc.

EchoStar 72.7 West. See pic for info on Check Switch settings.

I got 5 TV's. I would at least get 3 to do independent viewing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 3,381
Without another receiver you will never be able to see more than the two tuners. Hookup as many TVs as you wish but there will always only be two seperate tuners. So any TVs beyond the first two will watch the same programming as the others.

Without another receiver you will never be able to see more than the two tuners. Hookup as many TVs as you wish but there will always only be two seperate tuners. So any TVs beyond the first two will watch the same programming as the others.

Ok so no use for second dish without another receiver?

Does the multiswitch go where the line comes in (before receiver) or after?

Last edited:
Ok so no use for second dish without another receiver?

Does the multiswitch go where the line comes in (before receiver) or after?

You wouldn't need a multi-switch if all you're doing is adding the third TV to mirror your TV2. You'll need a standard two-way splitter and a short jumper cable. Somewhere in your home (either outside at the cable junction box, in your On-Que panel, in the crawl space or attic) you should find a diplexer. It looks like a standard splitter. Its where your existing line from your TV2 junctions with your line from the receiver. On the diplexer you'll see a port marked UHF/VHF. This port has the cable attached that leads to TV2. Remove this cable, attach a short RG-6 jumper, screw the other end to the input of the two-way splitter. Reattach the cable to the existing TV2 and the cable to your 3rd TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts